• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need advice...74 Tii Keep the knee line molding???

Fellas would like to ask for your thoughts. I am getting ready to paint the car and am keeping it stock color of Chamonix. The car will be rocking the same Epsilon wheels with Black centers and polished lip. Should I keep the lower trim or weld in the holes??? I actually like the way it offsets with the wheels. I'm 50/50 so give me some of your thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

post-3448-13667598478069_thumb.jpg

Scott,

Wheels are going out this week to get re-conditioned. Gonna powder coat the centers to gloss black. Have the bolts re-chromed. Lips straightened and polished.

If I keep the knee line I will get new set after the paint.

Thanks.

Guest Anonymous

I'm having the same dilemma as you, except in a different area. I am trying to decide whether keep the stock US bumpers on my 76 or go to euro chrome bumpers. I am trying to keep the car as original as possible since it has been in my family since new.

Scott,

I say swap out to the euro bumpers. I did the rear and glad I did. The car looks so much nicer with the euro bumpers. And this is a factory look. Just not in the U.S. Pretty straight forward to install for the rear. Let me know if you need help.

Le

Guest Anonymous

Thanks,

I just need to keep my eyes open for bumpers in good shape. If I do go to euro bumpers, I think I would go with the rear bumper that extends to the wheel-well, like on Kreeger's tii.