• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm the King of Crap!

Harv

I just finished moving the contents of my 2 1/2 car garage, across the street into my neighbors garage. All my stuff is CRAP! I can't believe what I have saved/hoarded over the years. Crap crap crap! Anyone want any o2 crap, come on over to Willoughby Ohio.

On a brighter note, my o2 went back to the Hot Rod shop to get that ding in the trunk and flare fixed.

One less thing I have to worry about

Thanks for the vent. On with your normally scheduled program.

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

Guest Anonymous

The fact that you accumulate a lot of things does not warrant the moniker you used. And judging by your posts, including avatar, your definition is much different than most of ours. If you were to tell us about greetings from Ferrari drivers, then the moniker might be deserved! LOL

Oh, It's just things like the little aluminum wedges that go in the bumpers (where did I get so many?). Painted trim pieces, my car used to have all blacked out trim. Cracked, broken, 3 pc dash covered with glue from when someone covered it with carpet in the 80's. The remains of a dry sump setup with the oil pump seized into on big lump. My old glove box with vinel patches on it. I must have 3 sets of old (might not even be useable) front and rear windshield seals. Crap like that.............

Hey! Look, old points, distributer cap and an old set of Lucas Speed Leads.

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

Harv,

don't make me laugh! actually I needed that today, but that's another story...

I have a lot of crap myself too, we are all guilty! We are so paranoid to not able to drive our cars some day, because we are missing some little unobtainable part, that we horde crap, why is that? these cars will outlast us, and they never break down either! The last time they ever imported a spare part in Cuba for the US cars was 1962, that was 45 years ago! and they are still running! With the internet, you can always find what you need . Having said that, somebody has to keep crap around, so somebody else can someday benefit... I don't know what the answer is... LOL

FAQ Member # 91

I hear ya on that.

Someone might use this to analyze me.

I have so many shelves and cabinets full of crap in the garage but I just can't get rid of the stuff.

With the idea that some day you never know what you might need or play with again.

-Every bolt, screw or washer that comes off of anything goes into the appropriate old PB jar-

-All kinds of weird parts from old turn tables and other devices, you will never know when something might be used to fix something.

-Tons of wire and old plug leads, but I stopped collecting these because...

-rubber from inner tubes and old hoses.

-string, twine, and rope collection.

-Box of black walnut for the day I might sculpt again (sure)

-every golf ball I ever found while looking for my ball.

-Old cassette players, power packs, audio connector cables.

-just plain old weird little stuff like glass, jaw bones, shells, sticks, rocks from hikes in the woods and beaches etc.

-Old bike parts and wheels....like why?

-sports stuff, sticks, bats, balls, cones, nets.

-crappy old golf clubs no one would ever use.

-any piece of wood, ever.

Then there are the boxes of 02 parts that will never be of any use to anyone becaue they are so old or worn.

And, I think I know where it all is.

Fear having to move.

sic

Ray,  Current BMWs, 1973 BMW 2002, Turkis, and 1997 BMW 318i 5sp avus blue.  Drove a lot and sold over the years, in reverse chron.

1997 m3 coupe silver, 1998 318ti red, 1996 318ti red,

1973 2002 Agave, 1971 2002  GM brown

thought) that saved stuff like that. My two garages, their attics and the "parts department" room in my basement are full of the same stuff--with lots of NOS Renault (and a few Peugeot) parts mixed in. Not to mention Fiat and Sprite stuff.

Ya never know when you might need this stuff...

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Fear having to move.

sic

At least you think you know where things are. I have a 10' by 10' shed full of parts (plus the overflow in plastic storage boxes), yet I have no idea where things are within that shed, and many times have wound up buying the part I need yet again.

HarryPR

BMWCCA #19290

I hear ya on that.

Someone might use this to analyze me.

I have so many shelves and cabinets full of crap in the garage but I just can't get rid of the stuff.

With the idea that some day you never know what you might need or play with again.

-Every bolt, screw or washer that comes off of anything goes into the appropriate old PB jar-

-All kinds of weird parts from old turn tables and other devices, you will never know when something might be used to fix something.

-Tons of wire and old plug leads, but I stopped collecting these because...

-rubber from inner tubes and old hoses.

-string, twine, and rope collection.

-Box of black walnut for the day I might sculpt again (sure)

-every golf ball I ever found while looking for my ball.

-Old cassette players, power packs, audio connector cables.

-just plain old weird little stuff like glass, jaw bones, shells, sticks, rocks from hikes in the woods and beaches etc.

-Old bike parts and wheels....like why?

-sports stuff, sticks, bats, balls, cones, nets.

-crappy old golf clubs no one would ever use.

-any piece of wood, ever.

Then there are the boxes of 02 parts that will never be of any use to anyone becaue they are so old or worn.

Fear having to move.

sic

ROFL!!! I cant stop laughing, you remind me of my father. I have a tendancy that I throw everything out. LOL, but atleast I have room then!

Heh, I feel your pain....though when I moved from my 2.5 car garage to a 1 car...my stuff was even more deserving of the title crap! Stuff being thrown away at work that I couldn't help but bring home for future projects......

I threw some of it away...but now I have a 1.5 car garage stuffed!

73' 2002 "red"

66' 2 Door Cortina GT

http://mk1cortinasearch.blogspot.com/

Maybe we need an "02 crap" Semi-truck and trailer that circulates the nation 24/7 that we all put our crap in. That way if we really find out we need something, it will come around in the next couple of months, and our wives will be amazed that we actually got rid of all that stuff. (Sorry, Harry, only the continental US)

Unfortunately, the garage will mysteriously fill up again before the truck can return.

Then there is all that Christmas stuff, but that is another thread.

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

My wife's grandmother should get the title (well, queen). She recently moved from a 90-acre farm at the end of a mile-long dirt lane in the Arkansas Ozarks to a Dallas retirement community. At 88, she finally had to give up hauling wood in for the stove that heated her house. She REALLY had junk--like plastic food packaging, old broken vacuum cleaners (so many, the shop's attic caved in)... the list goes on and on, with a few valuable antiques thrown in.

Grandma and her sons did several months of gradual cleaning. Then they hauled off one and a half garbage trucks of junk. Then they had an auction. Even afterward, there was about a garbage truck and a half still left! The auctioneer said he'd never seen so much stuff at a one-family auction.

-Dave

Colorado '71 2002

'17 VW GTI Sport
'10 Honda Odyssey Family & Stuff Hauler