• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

throttle linkage

merek22

I finally finished the throttle linkage on my '75 using a Lokar 36" stainless braided cable. I fabricated three brackets, one off the motor, utilizing the old bolts from the mechanical fuel pump, one inbetween the two carbs to sync them, and one down below (from above) on an extension from the pedal box. They work perfectly, and there is no play in the metal, cause its thick, and welded well.

Here's some pictures:

post-12061-13667598921946_thumb.jpg

post-12061-13667598923452_thumb.jpg

post-12061-13667598924902_thumb.jpg

post-12061-13667598926524_thumb.jpg

'75 2002

• 3 months later...

I was wondering what you used to articulate the cable to the pedal as well as from the cable to the linkage on the carbs? pics would be greatly appreciated. I having trouble deciding on my throttle linkage setup.

Looks similar to the setup I have.

holy negative camber batman!!!

02 Golf Yellow cruising the border of NSW/VIC!

tii pistons, 293, double valve springs, 40mm DCOE's, sump baffle, sway bars, lowered, 5spd, big brakes, 3pc wheels, bucket seats. Approx 150+hp

As far as the connection to the pedal goes, there was convenient placement. The end of the throttle cable fit nicely after taking out the rod system (sorry no pics!).

For actually connecting the cable to the carb, my carb conveniently came with a small slotted turning system. The throttle cable has the 36" steel sleeve, and inside is the cable, with a red ball at the end, that fits into the slot of the turning system on the car. I found a picture of another carburetor with the same device.

Chances are your carb probably won't have this. If not, keep looking around, there's ton's of great ideas on the site.

-Merek

post-12061-13667604660164_thumb.jpg

'75 2002