• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

today was a good day

gwb72tii

well, everyday imho is a good day, some better than others, and today was better than others

first, it snowed here and it's beautiful

second, benetton's car is near complete, which means i can now start working on my tii. this weekend i dropped the front subfame (engine is out) and today i cleaned the engine bay. looks LOTS better. the tii had been cosmetically restored, but not mechanically. the rear main has been leaking since we purchased the car back in 2003, and the entire underside is coated in oil/grime (but no rust) and the engine bay had been coated lightly with oil mist.

what a mess

but no more (hurray!)

i am so looking forward to a car with a freshened suspension and newly rebuilt motor.

and it's first major trip will be to drive to the V@V in may from up here. benetton's car is a '95 M3 color called Avus, and the tii is colorado, so it should look pretty neat going doen the road nose to tail.

72 2002tii

1988 535is 

benetton's car is a '95 M3 color called Avus, and the tii is colorado, so it should look pretty neat going doen the road nose to tail.

My 318ti is Avus (it's a great color) and the touring (well, we all know what color that is). I love the combonation; even better in 02. Enjoy!

now: '72 Inka 2000 touring, '82 Alpina C1 2.3  & '18 328d wagon (daily driver)

before: a lot of old BMWs (some nice, some not so much), a few air-cooled 911s and even a water-cooled Cayman S

Alpina restoration blog: https://www.alpinac1.com/