• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

color?

bottlerocket

The original color is Agave...it looks cool faded but in my opinion not fresh. With the amount of custom metal/fab work I'm going to do with the car I'm not super concerned with 100% originality. I just want the color to compliment the overall period "cafe" racer feel...super low, widened Borrani steel wheels, Supertrapp hanging out, etc...

Nigel Vincent

www.sports-car-restoration.com

Which '02 is it, year etc., cause that makes a difference in which one of those colors I'd recommend.

I'm guessing by your color choices that it's something like a '67 since that's the only year '02 that all those colors were available.

Nevada and Bristol were carried until '72 but Florida, Derby and Tampico were really only what I call 60's colors and not even officially available on 2002's here in the US, only 1600-2s and the Neue Klasse cars.

Personally with all the '02s I've seen over the years I still have never seen any Derby car up close, can't even find a pic of one on the web....

I like the uniqueness of Tampico though.... Florida is almost to faded mute for me.

So, I've narrowed it down to Derby or Tampico... if it were me.

When I get around to painting my '67 1800 I'd like to do a color change from the original Polaris to Derby.... It will keep the red/black interior.

My Dad's Ti/SA will keep it's Polaris...

My '66 "BMW16oo" will be keeping it's Bristol.

And then my very faded Granada '67 1600-2, I'm torn between keeping the Granada or doing a slight change to the much newer Imola red. Then Pig cheeks or not too....

HTH

Tom Jones

BMW wrench for 30 years, BMWCCA since 1984 at age 9
66 BMW16oo stored, 67 1600-2 lifelong project, 2 more 67-8 1600s, 86 528e 5sp 586k, 91 318i
Mom&Dad's, 65 1800TiSA, 70 2800, 72 2002Tii 2760007 orig owners, 15 Z4 N20

the ultimate stealth color, less visible to the Polizei.

354445953_jgQAJ-L-1.jpg

machinist - A&P - UAV inspector.

'71 1600 parts car, '71 Nevada tii tribute, '73 Polaris automatic in assembly awaiting 5-speed, 3.90 LS and dual 40s

'61 R27 - '74 R90S - '83 R100RS

I know this question has been asked a million times but what color should I paint my car...I'm thinking Tampico, Nevada, Bristol, Derby, Florida etc...pictures and opinions please.

Since your car was green to begin with, check out some of the other greens like Amasonasgrun, Jadegrun, Taiga, Turf, Tundra, Mintgrun and my personal favorite, Resedagrun, shown here:

e24_reseda_green.jpg

Resedagrun was available on the 1502.

Delia

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com

I know this question has been asked a million times but what color should I paint my car...I'm thinking Tampico, Nevada, Bristol, Derby, Florida etc...pictures and opinions please.

Since your car was green to begin with, check out some of the other greens like Amasonasgrun, Jadegrun, Taiga, Turf, Tundra, Mintgrun and my personal favorite, Resedagrun, shown here:

e24_reseda_green.jpg

Delia

^^^^ That color is gorgeous. Remionds me of Jade pearl from the new hybird toyota camrys. Any idea what the color code is?

e24_reseda_green.jpg

Delia

^^^^ That color is gorgeous. Remionds me of Jade pearl from the new hybird toyota camrys. Any idea what the color code is?

"075"

When I had the hood painted on my Resedagrun '78 320i, I noticed when they mixed the color there was no actual "green" in the paint. It's largely a mixture of silver and yellow. Go figure.

:)

Delia

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com