• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does your wife/girlfriend also have a 2002?

norm

• Alpina

or you could buy a cool towing hitch for her touring, I will sell you mine or trade you for a cool alpina air box i saw the other day!

Daniel

------------------------------------------------------

http://www.instagram.com/mojojoy

1968 BMW 2002 (Bristol/Granada)

1969 BMW 2000 NK (Florida)

1971 BMW 2000tii Touring Malaga (Restoring)

One of my presents to my wife for her ' 76 is a new set of BavAuto floor mats, 'cause she's been using the old ones outta my ' 75 for the past couple of years, since she gave me a new ones for Christmas back then.

Gotta flush the holidays out with with some girlie-stuff also, or you're apt to get some funny looks on Christmas morning.

Bob Napier

bought the 73 with A/C, she got that one and I got the '69...So far so good. Then in '85 she gave up the '73 for a....gasp....Buick. But the good news was that I got both 2002s!

However, I never, ever gave her a car-related item for Christmas or birthday...not her thing! But I get a lot of car stuff from her...

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

My wife always said she loved the 2002 look and wanted one. So, being the good husband I am (ahem), I found one and purchased it for her 40th birthday. It needed work, but was very driveable after the basic maintenance required from every 34 year old, neglected car. My plan was to slowly fix and replace until she had a solid DD. Guess how long her patience lasted? One breakdown and one nose-crunch later, she decided modern conveniences were her thing and she threw the '02 under the proverbial bus. Man, WHO could have seen that coming? Anyway, now I have the 2002 I've always wanted and the suspension is finished, engine done (installation as soon as it warms up) and it'll be my DD! Of course, I have a shitload of money into it...more to follow I'm sure, but since I've spent so much already, I think I'll multitask some cash and give her that set of 15x7 minilites she's always wanted for Christmas! I'll update you on how that went over after I find an apartment and get a computer.

'74 2002

Ambulatory on 2/4/9!!!

Now the hard shit begins

Yeah, I figure everything I get for Jenn's car is really not much of a present for her..

And then there's the 'ya gotta put it on' part-

I just spent the last 2 days putting a stereo and speakers in her car.

I got 'em for her... at least... 4 years ago?

That's real doghouse material right there!

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

My wife is "not into cars" so she happily drives our Taurus as a dd. She has never driven the '02. She is "allowed to" but says she would not be comfortable risking a mishap with Dieter. I was going to have my son drive it once he was proficient with a manual tranny, but he has not been very interested in driving a manual, so no BMW driving for him either.

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

Any woman who drives a stick: keep her!

Any woman who PREFERS driving a stick: marry her!

Maire Anne drove the kids around in my 2002 for a number of years, but child seats in ANY two-door car is a pain in the ass... she gave it up.

2002s are basically gone from the Northeast, so whenever I see one it turns my head. And if I see a woman driving one, I would think... who IS she and what IS her story?

The new book The Best Of The Hack Mechanic available at https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0998950742, inscribed copies of all books available at www.robsiegel.com

1972 tii (Louie), 1973 2002 (Hampton), 1975 ti tribute (Bertha), 1972 Bavaria, 1973 3.0CSi, 1979 Euro 635CSi, 1988 FrankenThirty 325is, 1999 M Coupe, 1999 Z3, 2003 530i sport, 1974 Lotus Europa Twin Cam Special (I know, I know...)

Any woman who drives a stick: keep her!

Any woman who PREFERS driving a stick: marry her!

Maire Anne drove the kids around in my 2002 for a number of years, but child seats in ANY two-door car is a pain in the ass... she gave it up.

2002s are basically gone from the Northeast, so whenever I see one it turns my head. And if I see a woman driving one, I would think... who IS she and what IS her story?

The mother of one of my daughter's classmates drives an Inka tii (and just so happens to be a tall thin blonde). My wife -- who only drives sticks -- knows that our marriage could be in trouble if the Inka tii driver gets divorced.

now: '72 Inka 2000 touring, '82 Alpina C1 2.3  & '18 328d wagon (daily driver)

before: a lot of old BMWs (some nice, some not so much), a few air-cooled 911s and even a water-cooled Cayman S

Alpina restoration blog: https://www.alpinac1.com/

Rob, Mary can easily drive a stick-shift, but she's not an enthusiast. In fact, she gets carsick when I do the twistie-turnies with any gusto. She's a keeper in that she approves of my '02 addiction and the friends who go with it! (I enjoy your columns btw.)

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

my wife actually paid for my current 02 (i think she felt bad because i never got my old one running) ....i must say i'm a very lucky man. she herself drives a 2004 325ci (although it's an auto-tragic.... ) and with the addition of our latest 89 535im we're officially an all bmw family!

Wife's 02 is out of commission for an M42. She drove it every day until it went in for surgery. Presents, hmmmm... Rotary A/C compressor, disc changer, 4 speed auto, last year it was heated seats. She has been driving the CRV until the 02 come home. I think satellite radio is the next present.

Her car is kind of famous around here. Everyone knows it.