• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 1600-2 door seal

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I tried to e-mail you a couple of times but it kept getting returned...hmmm.

I did find some stuff on-line and ended up paying about 149.00 per side, probably paid too much, but what the hell, guess I'm too impulsive. Gotta have it now.

I tried to e-mail you a couple of times but it kept getting returned...hmmm.

I did find some stuff on-line and ended up paying about 149.00 per side, probably paid too much, but what the hell, guess I'm too impulsive. Gotta have it now.

thats a good price. where did you end up getting them at that price/? or are they URO??

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

Blunt, I don't know ASA, did you mean APA? It seems URO is a brand made by APA, an American company. I am sure they are made in China using German patterns. I actually compared URO seals and OEM seals in every millimeter. I couldn't see any difference, except there were some digits stamped on the URO seals ( I forgot where they were). Both seals were also extremely similar in terms of rubber compliance, softness, etc. All OEM seals that I had had some kind of white/gray powder on them, making them look grayish. UR0/APA seals did not have any powder on them, perhaps they use different manufacturing techniques. I heard that OEM seals are made by Meyle? I am not sure. It appears that many US vendors including World Pac are now selling URO seals advertised as OEM replacements. I checked Mercedes and Audi forums too, many folks complained about how stiff URO seals were. Biggest complain was that URO seals didn't soften over time like the OEM seals did and many folks switched back to OEM seals, despite being 3-4 time more expensive, same story as in our little cars. If URO seals get better over time then it is a good deal I think, but nobody had them long enough to see the results. Sorry for the long post but it is one of those mysteries.