• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help ID'ing small coolant hose please.

worzella

I searched the Mobile T diagrams and all the parts sites (AD, Pelican, AZ, BavAuto), but can't locate this part or a part number.

It is a small coolant hose (marked 5/16" OD on the one I removed), about 12" or so long and connected to these two endpoints:

> When on the drivers side, looking into the engine compartment, one end was connected to the intake manifold on the right/windshield side. It was on the intake manifold furthest away from the head.

> The other side is connected to the engine block (not head), very near where the transmission housing connects to the block. As you look into the engine compartment, it is more or less, behind the starter.

When I removed it, coolant flowed out, so I know it is for that, not emissions or vacuum.

I'll add pix once I get back from the auto parts store!! I think generic coolant hose will work as a replacement, but I am curious as to what purpose it serves (i.e. - what is it providing coolant for?) and why is there no part anywhere I search.

Again.. thanks for all the help!

1975 - 2366762 Born 7/75

See the whole restoration at:

http://www.rwwbmw2002.shutterfly.com

Nope.... I know these and their purpose... this is a very small diameter hose... smaller than any of the other coolant system hoses. Actually about the OD of a fuel line hose.

A picture of the endpoint connectors is needed, I think.. I'll post shortly!

1975 - 2366762 Born 7/75

electric or manual choke, as the hose you describe used to be two--running to and from the hot water choke used on the OEM Solex 2 bbl carb and also on Weber carbs so equipped.

A PO has replaced the two hoses with one that simply forms a loop. When I replaced my Solex with a manual choke Weber, I found a couple of bolts with the same thread as the two nipples, removed the nipples and put the bolts in. Be sure and use copper washers under the bolt heads, and put some anti-seize on the threads so you can get 'em out someday. That's a better solution than having a hose that goes nowhere...but can split/burst and/or leak.

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Thanks all.... the last two posts make sense and I'll fix as suggested.

I do have an electric choke Weber 32/26 that long ago replaced the original Solex.

What I would not give for a big set of pictures of my original car taken in July of 1975 by the original owner. I'd spend a kings ransom just for the history!!

1975 - 2366762 Born 7/75