• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OK, I know this is lame but what would you put on your list

justinevert

Guest Anonymous
OK, I know this is lame but . . . OK, I know that this has probably been asked for BUT this is a twist.

You have to write it in a way for a Non-2002 person frame of mind (i.e. wife).

Why am I doing this?, well after 3 years of "what do you want for Christmas? what do want for Christmas?" and trying to explain to my wife what I really wanted for my 02 (and my garage/mancave), I thought maybe find a better way to explain.

Hopefully I can use this for next year.

Justin

You state your post is "lame," you superficially describe your wife as having the frame of mind of a "Non-2002 person" (whatever that means*) and you have a "mancave." Do you only expect replies that you will completely agree with? If so, you should specifically ask for that.

*For all anyone knows, a "non-2002 person" might mean someone who favors hybrids or horses or someone who only likes new cars or cars other than BMWs.

I use two techniques;

1) Husband to wife: Honey, wrap this one , it is for me from you, I"ll act surprised when I open it!

2) Wife to husband when she opens the present: I can't figure out why you think I need a portable rechargeable screwdriver!

Oh yes, I got a very smart woman, she learns very quickly! She bought me a nice Eames chair for my birthday....that she loves very much. I never new about these designers, until she mentioned them, let alone that the price was 10x what I would have paid for a piece of bent plywood with cushions! Oh yes, "giving" made her very happy, I love the smile on her face when she looks at it...

FAQ Member # 91

Guest Anonymous
I got a very smart woman, she learns very quickly! She bought me a nice Eames chair for my birthday....that she loves very much.

Ha Ha!

Original post should have been addressed to the North Pole!

My house is full of Eames and Bauhaus designed stuff. I am told that some of it is so valuable, I am afraid to sit in it! (I am happier in my Recaro recliners - because if the seat backs in my cars need parts, well . . . you cant fit an Eames in an 02!

Feliz Navidad!