• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BMW 2002 Alpina Turbo 'Replica'. 1974.

erneland

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have tried the Volvo conversion and they arenot holding up. Could please post detailed parts with drawings and pictures on the front brake upgrade. What calipers and rotors and a drawing of the spacers,Thanks!

Sorry I've missed your question totally!

I had the Volvo brakes before and never had the chance to test them on the race car. However I had the same setup on my old Touring and they worked fine there as long as I didn't stress them too much. It's the center of the disc that is to small for letting in cooling air. The e34-discs have a huge center and I will make a cover with a pipe to connect a hose to an let air go straight into the center.

When it's tested I let everyone know if it's a good setup ;-)

The rear wing was bought on ebay.de but I think you can buy them elsewere. I will see If I can find a supplier. We have a guy here in Sweden that makes Alpina flares and hood's + lid's. They are really good and very strong (and light) =)

I have the 02 located in a work shop in Sweden for now. But as soon as I go to the garage I will do the measurements you need. I believe the spacer was about 15 mm thick and then the 4x100 holes was made (of course). I will come back in this matter.

/Michael

• 3 weeks later...
Sweet! Did you keep the white one?

No, I didn't have space for all cars :-/. Have to go with one 02 and one E28. I also have a Opel Vectra OPC 2007 (family car). The white one was sold to a friend of mine that has asked me upon numerous times if I could sell it to him. None of them have any rust and I still think that the White one was a real beast. However, if you ever driven a B7 Turbo you know that thats a BEAST with big letters ;-)

Mine has adjustable boost pressure from inside and something must have been done to the engine. It must be tuned. I would say that it's around 380hp in mine but +-20 hp. Very hard to say.

More pictures will come, if it's ok to post them in my own thread?

Cheers,

Michael

post them love to see more pictures . have you done any more work on your 2002

erneland do you have an email address

I will post more pictures. At this point of time I'm in Norway and I live in Sweden so it have to wait untill the weekend. I do have some pictures from the previous owner.

Of corse I have a email address. It's 2009!! =) ..

erneland[at]gmail.com

My 02 is currently undergoing drive shaft installation. I will sell the race engine and only keep the turbo engine.

Brgds,

Michael