• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$600...hmmm...what should i spend it on?

new2da02

after you've ensured that your brakes and hydraulics are in good working order and done a tune up, i think the most important 'investment' in these cars is keeping water out of the interior. to do that will just about use up the remaining sum you have left over.

window seals, door seals, trunk seals etc...

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

after you've ensured that your brakes and hydraulics are in good working order and done a tune up, i think the most important 'investment' in these cars is keeping water out of the interior. to do that will just about use up the remaining sum you have left over.

window seals, door seals, trunk seals etc...

very well put IMO. I would do the same : )

Guest Anonymous

That really depends on your goals and priorities. Is it a show car, daily driver, track car, or all three? Do you enjoy good tunes, or do you take a drive through the country with the windows down and radio off so you can hear the motor?

Investing in driver schools will make you a more aware, safer, and better driver. You could also do a lot of go-karting or autocrossing for $600. In mechanical terms, the order is make it stop, make it handle, and then make it go. So do brakes and safety maintenance and upgrades first (including seat belts if yours are old), then make it handle (bigger sway bars was the first thing I ever did and it made a world of difference), then finally after you have a safe and well-handling car and have built a significant level of high performance driving skills, add power. I have been using a relatively stock tii motor on the track on my 2002 for the past 14 years, and instructing for 9 of those. I am just now looking at doing some serious engine modifications.

So, think about your priorities, share a list of what you think you need, and then perhaps we can provide some useful advice. Best of luck.

Fred

Silver Spring, MD

'74 tii track car

great suggestions...like the "make it stop, make it handle, then make it go". right now wanting a good performance DD. So, i think i will focus on brakes: just got new master, going to get stainless lines, also wanting to do the E21 upgrade...if anyone has late model E21 hubs, i may be interested. Also, needing to get new "over shoulder" seat belts for front...any recommendations? OH, also, needing a radiator...thinking of getting late model E21 radiator. AND looking for a decent center console (if anyone has one). thanks for the suggestions every one!

1972 BMW 2002 - M42