• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOT.. but since we have a lot of E30 folks on the board...

Mike Self

looking for a set of decent used (preferably Bilstein) shocks/struts for my 87 325...Too "thrifty" to buy new ones as this is my winter car. Even so, at 150k miles the original shocks are on their last legs and the car's getting bouncy.

If anyone has or comes across any, please advise. I have '02 stuff to trade if interested.

cheers and TIA

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Mike,

I'll be parting out my recently wrecked 89 325i. The front struts are KYB, (came with car) and rear shocks are Bilstein. I'm in the market for another plastic bumper E30 5 speed sedan to replace the one I wrecked. Depending what shocks come on the E30 that I buy, the one's on my parts car may be for sale. Problem is, late model E30 sedan's with a 5 speed are rare, it seems that 90% of them came with an automatic here in the US. The E30 search continues...

G-Man

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner

the Bilstein rears, also the KYB fronts if they're pretty low mileage. KYBs I put on my 02 were shot after about 35-40k miles...

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite