• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

project well on its way...

merek22

As posted earlier, I've finished the throttle linkage, and am nearly finished with the rest of the carb work (tuning, etc). Today I worked on the brakes, and ran into a few bumps along the way, but it should be nicely done tomorrow. And after that I will move on to the rear brakes, and a 3.91 LSD ($50!!). Here's some before and after pictures...

-Merek

post-12061-13667599579607_thumb.jpg

post-12061-13667599581213_thumb.jpg

'75 2002

• 3 weeks later...

The rotors are the vented e21 discs, from a '77 320i (or various 323 years).

The calipers are off an '84 Volvo 240DL, and aren't exactly clean, but work nicely. I have yet to swap the rear brakes as well, with 80-82i 320i drums... Just haven't gotten around to that quite yet.

-Merek

'75 2002

• 1 month later...

Hi Merek,

I used to work and live in Austin for years. I still visit once a year or so. I'm in the Bay Area with a 71' 02 doing a complete rebuild. I was wondering if you had any tips on where to find a LSD, ratio, etc.

My engine is being completely rebuilt (http://terrytinney.com) and will be running a weber 38. I've installed new bilsteins, lowering springs, 13" tires, urethane everywhere, brakes from Ireland Eng. and will be installing some E30 interior (cheaper than bolt in recaro, etc).

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,57/page,viewtopic/t,304688/highlight,seat+install/

I have a 5 speed tranny, but don't have the rest of the bits. I'm debating running the 4 speed for now. Any tips are appreciated. I'll post the pics when the car is prettier.

Z

Hey Z,

You're welcome to email me at merekjohnson@gmail.com for any more questions.

There's a few places in town that service 2002s, the main of which, Terry Sayther's Automotive. They also have a 5 speed kit that you could buy, and Terry Sayther is regarded as a great guy in the 2002 community.. He's worked on them forever (one of my friend's dads worked with him in the early 80's on 2002s). Many people on the FAQ would also second this opinion. The kit they offer can be found...

http://www.terrysaytherauto.com/TransConv.htm

I've been meaning to buy it, but I'm way too short on cash.

As far as LSDs go, you can start at Sayther's automotive and see what they have (I can email them if you'd like). There's also some other places around town that might have old parts cars such as Austin Veedubs (its obviously mainly a VW place but they've got acres of used cars, they've even got a Tii for sale).

I luckily found my LSD of craigslist, which isn't the most reliable source, but I got it for 50...

Like I said earlier, feel free to email,

Merek

'75 2002