• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 BMW 1600-2 Restoration

sebandwhit

A couple of years ago I bought this 1600-2 and It has been sitting in storage since. I now made room in the garage to start another project. When I bought it I paid $1000 for it and it came with TONS of extra parts(hoods, doors, transmissions, fenders... everything I need). Most of the extra parts I have sold here and there but I still have a lot left over. It is complete and Im pretty excited to start restoring it. I replaced the trunk lid with another another one because the old one was rusty, and it was starting to rain before I had the garage clean. Here are some pictures. Im looking forward to driving a BMW again!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

68' 2002 (Project)

I just got it but I've had my eye on the car for a couple of years now. It's a rust free cali car and when it got closer and cheaper I snatched it up. I traded my 69 02 for an E30 a few months ago and missed it too bad...had to get another.

The car is really solid and tight, runs well but has no interior besides the3-piece chrome dash. I just got a black/brown interior and some freshly refurbed BBS RA's for it.

Photobucket is good for posting pics

19a115b7-9760-47c1-af9f-560c2d06e095_zps6ad53ab7.jpg

73 M2 evolving project

77 Datsun 620 king cab hauler

09 XR1200

77 XS650

78 SR500

half dozen ct70s

other wheeled madness

I need to get some intreior peices but for now I think I have my hands full working on getting it running. I bought a motor about two months ago. Nothing that special just something to get it moving for now while I rebuild the old motor.

Photobucket

Finally figured out how to post the pictures the good way!

68' 2002 (Project)

driver's side got minor hit. some common rust areas. but the floor pan, shock tower & wheel wel tires are good.

very nice vinz. if i could have fit your 69 on my property i would have bought it. hope it found a good home. that was a great car. had it been green i would have gotten rid of TADPOL for it.

i'm jealous of your new acquisition too, but also had to pass on it for the same reasons.

love these early cars. remember folks, ebay history proves that the early, unmodified cars command the highest resale values. it takes more restraint to NOT modify a stock car.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

Yea... except for wheels and tires I think I will keep the car pretty much stock. This weekend I am replacing all the rust areas. The dash on mine is thrashed. So im either going to try to find another one or send this one out to be restored. I have another cracked dash I am going to try to repair myself next week but we will see how that goes. I might cover it with some black leather I have after I repair the cracks. I always think Im going to get things done sooner than I actually do but Im excited to drive this one!

68' 2002 (Project)