• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

tips on Euro headlight bucket disassembly please, NE1?

Armond

how do you take the lens apart from the housing? I would like to clean the inside lens and inside reflector. TIA

73 Tii A4 BOD Oct. 13,1972

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Mario Andretti

They are sort of a real PITA. I wouldn't take it apart unless you really have to. I had to replace a broken lense, so I had to. Now I have to try to figure how to clean the other light. See my post at the end of that old thread you dug up. I would suggest trying to clean them carefully through the hole in the back, without taking the lense out. Don't scratch up the "silvering" in the reflector. Keep track of how many turns you move the adjusting screw, so you don't change the headlight alignment too much.

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

They are sort of a real PITA. I wouldn't take it apart unless you really have to. I had to replace a broken lense, so I had to. Now I have to try to figure how to clean the other light. See my post at the end of that old thread you dug up. I would suggest trying to clean them carefully through the hole in the back, without taking the lense out. Don't scratch up the "silvering" in the reflector. Keep track of how many turns you move the adjusting screw, so you don't change the headlight alignment too much.

I'll give it a shot w/o removing. But just in case, do you carefully pry out the lens off the housing?

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

Mario Andretti

I would probably try to bend back the lip at the split then carefully work the lens out without mucking up the gasket. Haven't done it before, the last time the lens was cracked, so no problem.

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

how do you take the lens apart from the housing? I would like to clean the inside lens and inside reflector. TIA

I would recommend removing the reflector & clean the lens without removing them. Be careful what you use to clean the reflector as the shiny stuff comes off real easy.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

I hate to hijack but please contact me Armond - I'm kind of desperate for those speakers you have of mine.

Best wishes

Jon

I e-mailed you a couple of times and did not get a response. I dont have your e-mail address anymore.

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

Mario Andretti

Whats your address - I will contact you again. I guess the address I am trying for you is no longer valid?

Best wishes

Jon

Nope, still the same. Please e-mail me by clicking the e-mail box above.

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

Mario Andretti

I would recommend removing the reflector & clean the lens without removing them. Be careful what you use to clean the reflector as the shiny stuff comes off real easy.

Is'nt this what I told you when YOU called me to ask what to do at 11:00am Tuesday!

Cris

Proud member #113

The rides!

www.cardomain.com/ride/792851

www.cardomain.com/ride/792793

Is'nt this what I told you when YOU called me to ask what to do at 11:00am Tuesday!

Cris

Hi Chris,

Don't think we've met, let alone talked; however, we both (i guess) think alike!

Cheers,

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

Cris

Hi Chris,

Don't think we've met, let alone talked; however, we both (i guess) think alike!

Cheers,

Sorry 02Les, this comment was directed to our little Filipino friend.

Cris

Proud member #113

The rides!

www.cardomain.com/ride/792851

www.cardomain.com/ride/792793

Cris

NO. You verified that I could take them apart but did not elaborate on how it's done thank you very much. Anyway, I was able to clean the inside lense without disassbling the headlight. Thanks as always folks.

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

Mario Andretti