• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's up with this eBay `73 tii?

ClayW

I've seen this car on eBay at least twice before. What gives? Anyone know it?

I'm not looking to buy, but I figured I'd toss another one into the piranha tank.

1973 2002tii on eBay

So far, I can see that the rocker trim is missing, the rear bumper rubber is missing and both bumpers are sitting at an awkward angle. I'm familiar with the "Berware of a New Paintjob" theory. What else do you guys see? Why isn't this car selling?

3228750_3.jpg

ClayW
1967 1600-2 - M42 - 1521145          Follow my project at www.TX02.blogspot.com          E30 DD Project Blog

It's not terrible, seen better, seen worse, but I'm thrown by some of the details...looks like someone spray painted underneath the rear bumper, the door seals look like crap and so does the headliner. Bit surprised they didn't put on rocker trim. Does look solid though, at least from the pics, but it could be a bondo special. Online purchases are frought with peril at the best of times, and this one raises some flags.

It's a bit of a polished turd, and maybe the reserve is unrealistic.

70 M2 2.5L 

Something looks off about it. Like, what's going on with the painted bottom of the car? When they opened the hood to take a picture of the motor, they didn't even move the rotted hood seal back into position.

The interior is a mess. The door panels are goofy. Did they spray paint the old chrome strip? Looks to me that it could be nice but after a lot of work and who knows what's hiding?

John

3228750_26.jpg

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades