• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Enough demand for reproduction of tan basket weave vinyl ???

Maximillian

We are thinking of having the tan basket weave vinyl reproduced so that everyone can have new seat covers to for their pre-74 2002. But we need to know if there would be enough interest to do this. Input, suggestions ??

Thanks,

Max

800-950-2002

Maximillian Importing Company

www.bmwmobiletradition-online.com

PS: the grey trunk vinyl is now off back order.

Maximillian Importing Company

www.bimmer.com

800-950-2002

classicbmwparts@gmail.com

not all tans were created equal.

i'm partial to the tan with the light black steaks in it, pre-73

although i am unsure if that applied to the smooth vinyl only, or not.

i have a '73 tii with the more orangish brown that could use new seat vinyl.

put me down for a minimum of one set whichever color-tone you decide (oh, wait, need a price first before commiting).

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

Saddle / Brown basket weave is also an in-demand item.

Ditto. I'd like to recover my Recaros...

I need some to do my Recaros. Does anyone have a good color comparison for the '73 Saddle / Brown / Tobacco? IIRC, this may have been touched on in an earlier post.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

"tan" colors used on roundies--the early stuff, which is browner and has some mottling, and the later color, which is more orange (particularly as it ages) and is the same color throughout.

I have seen a smooth vinyl that is a very close match to the later vinyl color, but never the basketweave.

I'd be in favor of both, particularly if the smooth stuff was also available. Those old Recaros languishing in my basement are just begging to be made into 2002 sport seat clones that will match my tan back seat...

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Just wanted to share a picture of what I had to settle for when re-doing the seats for my 72 Malaga. After a long search through upholsterers, material shops, etc., this was the closest color and weave. I am still not happy, so I opted to color match and dye. (bought dye but not done yet)

I would absolutely welcome and buy the correct color and center weave.

Photobucket