• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NL wanted: Heater box top section FOUND

jgerock

I need a good top section of the heater box that holds the fan and valve. Mine literally fell apart while I removed the top from the main section. The valve mounting bracket looked like a PO used JB weld, so it also broke.

The middle and bottom sections are in good shape, along with the heater core.

I just bought a new fan/motor assembly so I don't need them.

Please e-mail me using the above link.

Hopefully someone in MD, DC, VA has one.

Edit: Many thanks to Bill Williams for donating a good box top!

post-8235-13667599954877_thumb.jpg

post-8235-136675999567_thumb.jpg

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

email me

jerryallsmanATyahooDOTcom

i have a few boxes that i'm rehabbing presently, although none are perfect, i have repaired the bracket with aluminum and epoxy and it's quite durable. issue for you may be some missing strips on the fan cage plastic webbing.

i'd be interested in a straight across trade IF you include your dead motor and fan blade, AND you saved the broken bits from your top section. i can repair that to my satisfaction. let me know.

you might just consider repairing what you have, as i would do in your situation. i merely cut patches out of thin aluminum and epoxy over the cracks, on the OUTSIDE of the box. i pre-drill for rivet holes and to clear the boss where the levers pivot on (usual cracking on lower case). you will not see these patches when installed.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

Thanks to those folks who sent an e-mail. I'm waiting on a couple of follow-ups, so it seems most of you have boxes that are about in the same condition as mine.

I am keeping my bottom housing and controls because they are in such good condition and the seals were replaced in 2002 by a previous owner. I'm tempted to use JB Weld on the broken pieces, add some strips of aluminum for the perimeter and install a bracket for the valve.

Now if the mold tooling cost wasn't so darned expensive, I would contact some of my injection molding customers to see if they could make a new box top. I would make it from FRP (fiberglass reinforced plastic) nylon for added strength. This material is what most underhood vehicle parts are made from, including injection manifolds and those fancy engine covers.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"