• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Factory Tech. service manuals (Blue Books)

S14SEAN

Hey fellow double 02ers. I inherited Some Factory 2002 manuals that are in blue blue binders. I have used them on my own 75' daily driver and have found them to be a great help on basicly any project that my 2002 has had/ or will have. They are complete with no missing pages or oil damaged pages. I was wondering if anybody would like to Purchase a set if i were to copy them and put them in high quality binders. If anybody is intrested please post and let me know what you think would be a good price. And any other details. Thanks - SEAN-

1975 (O=00=O) 2002 Gold

I would be interested. Books4Cars.com is advertising that they have Complete Factory Shop Service Repair Manual by BMW for $89.95.

Is this the same manual? Would the manual be bound? I'm not going to ask about copyright permissions...

As far as what do I think it's worth, probably about 1/2 of what it goes for elsewhere if it is bound.

Bryan

Current: '74 tii; '05 Audi S4; '10 Triumph Scrambler; '07 Mini Cooper S convertible

Former: '11 Infiniti G37s; '10 370Z; '85 911 coupe; '01 Audi S4; '84 VW GTI; '70 VW Karmann Ghia convertible; '76 Datsun Z

I would be interested.
Books4Cars.com is advertising that they have Complete Factory Shop Service Repair Manual by BMW for $89.95.

Is this the same manual? Would the manual be bound? I'm not going to ask about copyright permissions...

As far as what do I think it's worth, probably about 1/2 of what it goes for elsewhere if it is bound.

No These books were original bmw technician books, their about 4 in thick and their are 2 volumes.

1975 (O=00=O) 2002 Gold

if these are NOT the more common Factory Overhaul Manuals found periodically on eBay and here, i'd certainly be interested in a copy. i've only seen one set offered on eBay, several years ago and regret missing it. i believe CD (sorry I sold it) posts pages from this manual occasionally, if i'm not mistaken.

as for price:

IF the photos were CLEAR and legible of a quality that could concievably be recopied once more, i think in the neighborhood of $80-100 for a nicely bound set.

considerably less for poor quality photos, maybe $30-50 for your time and effort.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

Yes i will head over to my local copy shop and see what they can do as far a price, i will ask for high quality and insure that the copys are perfectly legable. once i find out what they can do on the price i will get back to the forum. so Please stay posted Thanks -SEAN-

1975 (O=00=O) 2002 Gold

Somewhere, I found a set of PDF files a little while back that seems to be some sort of "scanned" service manual. They are very helpful, but I'd love to somehow compare to what you have. In other words, I am not sure this set of PDFs is the same as the famed Blue Books I hear being mentioned.

Sean, I'll email one chapter out of the PDFs and maybe you can tell me if your product is the same or better/different. If better/different, I'd be interested also, since my project is a '75 also...

1975 - 2366762 Born 7/75

See the whole restoration at:

http://www.rwwbmw2002.shutterfly.com

• 3 weeks later...