• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Welcome my new '74 2002a

pcb

After months of searching and trying to get the wife's support, a new toy pulls into the garage.

Feels great to be a 2002 owner. This along with the 135 coupe that is already in the garage is a past and present BMW dream of mine.

Thanks wife..I love you

post-16092-13667600167625_thumb.jpg

post-16092-13667600169621_thumb.jpg

post-16092-13667600171498_thumb.jpg

post-16092-13667600173474_thumb.jpg

post-16092-13667600175429_thumb.jpg

That's a clean ride.

Any plans?

Not sure what is first on the "to do" list. I would like to remove the large plastic bumper from front.

Also ponder a inka or golf paint job. Must say this paint job is pretty nice already.

That's a clean ride.

Any plans?

Not sure what is first on the "to do" list. I would like to remove the large plastic bumper from front.

Also ponder a inka or golf paint job. Must say this paint job is pretty nice already.

It's your car...but it is SOOO nice like it is. Really a classic. Just enjoy.

j9273c.jpg
'71 Agave, '71 Verona, '74 Inka, '73 Chamonix

"FAQ Member Number 60"

I wouldn't touch that paint job! Way to clean to paint over. (And a Sahara owner, we gotta show some pride!) Nice looking ride.

Steve E.

www.theportabledad.com

1974 Sahara 2002

1974 R75/6 (Sold!) :(

This is a fertile land, and we will thrive. We will rule over all this land, and we will call it…This Land

If it is in that nice of shape - keep it real!

Sahara isn't that bad.....

Besides - paint won't look right unless you do a complete teardown and paint everything. You didn't buy it to tear it apart - you bought it to drive! Drive it - live it - love it......

FAQ Member # 2616

"What do you mean NEXT project?"

-- My wife.

My friend ran into this problem when he inherited a 1970 Ford Bronco with 30,000 original miles on the clock. After cleaning it up and replacing rubber, there was just nothing left to do on the truck but drive it.

So you know the answer, right? A second 2002. Your wife will understand...

Steve E.

www.theportabledad.com

1974 Sahara 2002

1974 R75/6 (Sold!) :(

This is a fertile land, and we will thrive. We will rule over all this land, and we will call it…This Land

unmolested! Keep it that way! As Eastside said, stick in a five speed if you wish, but it's way too nice a car to repaint. Anyway, Sahara will grow on you--it's a great stealth color.

Welcome to the '02 world. You got a nice one--what we midwesterners only dream about.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

That's a clean ride.

Any plans?

Replacing the big bumpers with the older or European style ones is nice, but you have to do a bit of bodywork and paint with it. However, my first 02 was a `69 1600 in Sahara and I love that color!

ClayW
1967 1600-2 - M42 - 1521145          Follow my project at www.TX02.blogspot.com          E30 DD Project Blog