• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB: 2002 sunroof cables in or near Portland, OR

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hi, looking for a pair of used sunroof cables for a '76 02... I broke mine trying to free up a long-stuck sunroof.

thanks,

dave

Sorry to hijack your thread, but are you Scott Killen's brother? The mechanic who actually knew what he was doing? If so, I'm the guy who bought th 76 off him this last summer, and would love to know just what block that car actually has in it. mdjett@hotmail.com.

...if not, then doubly sorry for the thread hijack

73 Sahara

76 S52 swap of dooooooooom

01 540i-6

90 Range Rover classic (because 02s just weren't masochistic enough)

Guest Anonymous

Heh, yup, that's me. That car has an engine from a '79 320i in it (so it's a 2.0). When we originally got the car the '02 block was locked up, but our other brother had a recently rear-ended '79 320. I just pulled the motor from the 320 and put it in the 02, swapping over the 02's intake manifold an carb. Wired up a little fuel pump in the back and that was it.

It's also got the entire braking system from the same 320, and probably lots of other stuff. My memory's a bit foggy as this was all several years ago.

hope that helps,

- Dave

Thought I was seeing a lot of E21 hardware on this car (alt, radiator, brake setup, etc.). The main question is why a single roller setup? Did it come that way? I thought 2.0 E21s used a double roller setup. Also, kudos on the Weber tuning. I'm still blown away that you managed to get that thing dialed in so well.

73 Sahara

76 S52 swap of dooooooooom

01 540i-6

90 Range Rover classic (because 02s just weren't masochistic enough)

Guest Anonymous

That's a good question, I think I remember being perplexed by that as well. I honestly can't remember if I did that myself... I know I put a single roller chain on an engine at some point, but when I was working on that car we had several 02's and 320's in the family and it may have been on one of those. It may have came that way or I may have done it myself... can't remember. I guess if it was originally that way in the 320 that would mean that engine was rebuilt at some point before we got it, which I'd always suspected.

FYI, the tranny is from the same 320. I had to clearance the tunnel for the slave cylinder, so if you ever wanted to put a 5-speed in it'd be that much easier.

Thanks for the props on the carb... that engine always ran really well. Glad the car went to someone who'll enjoy it. I certainly put in a lot of work on it (mechanically, not cosmetically, obviously). if you ever have any other questions just let me know. you can reach me at dkillen9 at hotmail.

[/i]

Hi, looking for a pair of used sunroof cables for a '76 02... I broke mine trying to free up a long-stuck sunroof.

thanks,

dave

Did you find any cables yet?

I have one parts car left with the sunroof/cables still intact.

jonny

BUS_CARDfaq.jpg

AKA: "Captain Obvious"

Drivers:

'72 '02

75 Opel Ascona

e21

2-e30's

2-e28's

15+ parts cars

http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/fosters.3