• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Frame rail & driver floor patches - Questions regarding

danjrusdug

I've got a classics restoration guy who is going to fix the rust in my driver's side frame rail and floor near the pedal box.

When I bought the tii it came with a rail & floor cutout from 2002AD and he knows how he can use part of it to replace/re-inforce.

Anyways, I am to take it to him in the morning. I will be taking out the following before I deliver it. The driver's side carpet, passenger seat (for elbow room), console sides, and tunnel carpet. I'll take the driver's seat out once I get there.

Is there anything else I should concern myself with? He will be using fireproof blankets.

I have no experience here so your experiences would be helpful here.

Thanks.

Doug

'73 tii Atlantik

Watch out for the metal fuel line that runs along inside the underside of the rocker panel on the drivers side. You need to remove it from it's mounting clips. be careful of the rubber bushing inside each of the clips along the bottom of the rocker panel.

1974 Chamonix Tii

1999 Boxster

Watch out for the metal fuel line that runs along inside the underside of the rocker panel on the drivers side. You need to remove it from it's mounting clips. be careful of the rubber bushing inside each of the clips along the bottom of the rocker panel.

thanks!

NE1 else?

Guest Anonymous

Take out the sound deadening that's on the floor, under the carpet.

If you can do it yourself, you will save many hours of labor from your restoration guy's charges. It's a nasty job, but something you can do yourself to save $$.

Should be lots of info in "search" on how to remove it. I like to chip it apart in cold weather, them scrape carefully & clean up with VM&P Naptha on a rag. Naptha is relatively nice to work with compared to some of the nastier solvents that could more readily harm you & the car's paint.