• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

3D Printer

Dutchie3719

Howdy Everyone, A friend of mine has a 3D printer, meaning any white plastic parts can be printed out, he is willing to print them for a small fee, if there is enough interest. The white FDM plastic looks fairly close to the stock parts. He made some visor brackets for me, and they work. He also has a laser cutter, and can cut any material other than metal into any patterns. The bed is 1' x 2'

When items are printed 3D, FDM plastic is printed in layers of about 7 thousands of an inch thick. This leaves the surface rough enough to notice.

Visor Clips

$5 a set (BavAuto $5 each)

Finally, if you have something in mind, a CAD drawing can be printed into reality!

Daniel Shor

Bethesda, MD

'74 2002 "Charlotte"

Half as old as my first car and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Ok, So I am the infamous friend. The Printer can actually print various other colors, but I normally use only Black, White, and Natural White colors.

The printer has a working volume of I believe 9" x 9" x 12", but a print that large would take about 3 days to complete and would therefore cost a substantial amount.

However, for smaller parts, like the tiny visor clips, those take about 30 mins each and therefore are relatively non-disruptive to more work-related projects that need to be printed.

Now on to the Laser. It has a cutting bed that measure 1' x 2' x 8". Now this doesn't mean that I can cut 8" thick material. It merely means that if you have a piece, ie a box, that you would like engraved, it must fit within those dimensions.

I am also willing to design / draw any part you would like me to. I have access to various CAD programs and am pretty good at using them. I would send you a digital copy of the part before creating a print of it.

Remember, I will make these parts and things during my free time, so don't expect me to have an extreme turn-around time. I'd say on the order of 1 to 2 weeks is reasonable.

I'll post a list of acceptable file formats soon.

Thanks All

J Swift
Global Formula Racing (Oregon State University)

1972 Opel GT "Mae"