• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'02 Drive in 20 degrees

saaron

I've been dying to drive the '02, so I took it out yesterday. My son and I picked up a new slot car we ordered - about a 30 min drive. It was great - car had been in a "car coma" for about a month - the weather has been so cold and crappy here I could never find a day to drive it. Hooked up to a battery charger, just sitting there, etc.

My son is 10 and is spoiled by his Mother's Mini Cooper S that he rides around in. He lamented the '02s lack of CD player, and questioned the wisdom of driving in a car with no airbags or antilock brakes. What are they teaching kids in school these days?

By the end of the trip home he conceded that the car was "not too bad" and was glad we gave it some exercise.

Great little trip, but spring in these parts seems to be very very far away.

Scott

02ing since '87

'72 tii Euro  //  '21 330i x //  '14 BMW X5  //  '12 VW Jetta GLI

I have not had mine out since late October. You've got me beat. If we have some freakishly warm weather and rain, I will get out on the roads (no salt!) once again. Good to hear that one MW '02 is up and running.

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

October!?!? That is painful.

Usually I can get the tomato out a few times a month through December. Then Jan / Feb / and even March become really tough. I just dumped some fuel stabilizer in it; I've been doing that for years and it seems to work.

I went to Dallas last weekend and it was sunny and 65...perfect sunroof-open driving weather. I have to move to Arizona at some point...

Scott

02ing since '87

'72 tii Euro  //  '21 330i x //  '14 BMW X5  //  '12 VW Jetta GLI

Thanks for the inspiration Scott. Took the 67 with my son and I drove out

to the wild life viewing platforms and watched the sunset.

Still unseasonably warm out here, thankfully we finally got some rain.

Nothing like 1 on 1 father son time.

post-524-13667600687439_thumb.jpg

Joseph O'Neil

73 02 - Polaris - 2587250

67 2000 TiLux- Chamonix - 1451152

Same here Scott, thanks for the inspiration as well. Took my 12 year old out for a ride, he loves the 02, and let him drive for the first time. He actually named the car Kashmir, Zeppelin of course, because it is sounds so smooth when its running (HA). Could not wipe the smile off that face...

'76 2002 A "camo blue"

'73 2002 A Chamonix

'71 Airstream Globetrotter

'72 2002 A Verona-crashed then stolen

2007 Toyota FJ