• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

75 '02 euro conversion - trim question

vascoboy

in the middle of a stock euro conversion (body for now/square tail). got bumpers down (incl lights for plates), shaved ft/back side markers, euro turn signals & headlight buckets (still have to find some)...i am not sure if the us trim (both chrome that wraps around hood, doors, trunk,...and black/chrome near the bottom of the doors that line up w/ bumpers). I like to know for sure. Thanks for chiming in!

chris

Some use beltline, knee, upper rocker and lower rocker. However, we mean different things.

For example when some say waist line trim, they can mean the trim right below the windows while others mean the trim that goes all away around the car, etc...

Not sure what is correct if there is a "correct".

I think he is referring to the trim that goes all around the car just above the door handles and what I would call the knee molding - the molding about knee height that has the black rubber bumper on it.

He can chime in and clarify.

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

(black rubber with aluminum) were standard on USA & Euro cars.

I assume owners refer to the trim based on the human body, at the level of our waist or belt, and knees - especially for those of us the height of Bill W., Paul W., or myself!!

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif

its not the terminology i didnt understand so much but rather what exactly he was asking period. this isnt a complete question as far as i can tell

".i am not sure if the us trim (both chrome that wraps around hood, doors, trunk,...and black/chrome near the bottom of the doors that line up w/ bumpers). I like to know for sure. Thanks for chiming in! "

not sure if what? or am i missing something?

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

THE EURO SQUARE LIGHT CARS HAD THE SAME BUMPERS AS THE

LATE USA ROUND LIGHT CARS EXCEPT FOR THE BUMPER MOUNTED

LICENSE PLATE LIGHTS .

AS FOR TRIM , THE KNEE MOULDING CAME I EIGHT SECTIONS ON USA

CARS BUT ONLY SIX ON THE EURO VERSION .

THE TWO ON THE REAR QUARTERS WERE ON THE USA CARS BECAUSE

THE CRASH BUMPERS DON'T EXTEND AS FAR UP THE SIDES OF THE CAR .

AS FOR BELT MOULDING , NOT ALL THE CARS HAD IT .

THE 1502 ECONO MODELS CAME WITHOUT BELT TRIM .

THE EURO MODELS ALSO DID NOT HAVE THE RECTANGULAR SIDE MARKERS ON FRONT OR REAR FENDERS .

reodor.gif

Hi,

this is correct late Euro trim. Original factory photo from common squared rear lights car.

That´s how it was and is used over here in Germany. Except the tan interior - that´s relatively rare over here. 95% of 73- 02s in Germany do have black or blue.

Regards, Lars.

post-16304-13667601201157_thumb.jpg

Ei guude wie? (Spoken as "I gooooda weee" and hessian idiom for "Hi, how are you?")

Já nevím, možná zítra.