• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My first project post-72 Nevada

kstrause

I thought I'd try my hand at posting some pictures. I'm not very good at this so bear with me. In the course of this project I've had to learn some new skills, the last of which is learning how to post pics on this forum

Two years ago I decided I needed a hobby. I've always loved old cars from a distance, but never owned one. Kids are out of the house, and even though retirement is many years away, the thought of days spent on the golf course didn't thrill me. I always thought bringing an old car back to street-worthy life would be a challenge. I also wanted something fun, but practical and the 2002 kept entering the picture. I've never owned a BMW before so I thought it might be interesting to start with the model that put BMW on the map in the USA.

This 72 Nevada came up on a classified ad here two years ago. The car was local, so I went and took a look at it, thought it was something I could handle, bought it, and brought it home. These are few pics of some of the work I've done. I'll try to post a few more as I get them organized.

Kurt Strause

http://picasaweb.google.com/kss7202/Blog#

'72 Nevada (as yet un-named)

• 5 months later...

I have a couple of more pictures showing a bit of progress on what is a slow project. I had hoped that it would be ready by summer, but a trip to Germany is going to put a damper in the time I can devote to it. Hopefully by fall...

http://www.new.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2029876&id=1332068483&l=f92d1eba1c

Kurt Strause

'72 Nevada (as yet un-named)