• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

hammering away on my '71 02

ringguy

So this little baby has been at my home for seven days. I've never owned one of these cars but have admired them for years. I knew that if I ever got one, it had to be a roundie. I found this car in CA and bought it site unseen but did have it inspected by a mechanic. Mechanically, it appears to be very good. I have paper work going back to a rebuild about ten thousand miles ago including high comp. pistons, twin webers, five speed, big brakes, suspension, etc.

The car was basically unmolested and in general in good shape. The only rust spots were the spare wheel well, and up front from the battery acid. I have the dash getting recovered along with the seats and buckets.

Right now I'm filling the holes from the reflectors and whatever else. Once I'm done with that, I need to replace the slave cylinder. After that, I'm going to pop the front and rear windows and then get it to paint.

It's going to be in paint for about eight weeks.

Thanks to all of those who have offered advice and input already and thanks in advance for all the questions to come!

Here are some pics from the last week.

the car arrived two days after a monster snow storm with about 2% of the tread left on the tires!

IMG_745D5FE4-F2E0-4330-BAAB-0AAA8AF57CFD_lg.jpg

one day later and it was all melted!

IMG_5033285A-C385-49B3-9254-17117268B146_lg.jpg

I'm pretty sure these seats aren't stock but I have no clue what they came out of. They're Recaro's.

IMG_F38B655B-0ECC-476E-A6B2-F5D18240253D_lg.jpg

starting to break things down

IMG_368405E3-E6B0-497D-A649-193316B7044D_lg.jpg

no turning back now! lol

IMG_02A0DC9C-9FEF-4FD2-BD2A-009DFFAB4025_lg.jpg

the rotted out wheel well. Did any of these survive?

IMG_11F0009A-97F4-49C7-BFFE-CE80C1BABAA5_lg.jpg

call me a cheese ball but this is going to be the black and the stitching I'm going to use

IMG_EEE4FA04-04CA-458B-B34A-121AB4508868_lg.jpg

along with a little bit of this!

IMG_5B24C5D2-AD50-4AA0-9169-97CE235B737D_lg.jpg

I cut the wheel well out, two inches down the collar. I'm going to fabricate and one and reuse the center piece from the old one

IMG_69118341-C1CF-43AE-8230-B847165FF990_lg.jpg

looks great geoff. who is redoing your dash? and what materials are they using? my dash is nice but i wouldnt mind having a spare redone at some point with nice stitching. you car looks very much like mine when i started. same color too. keep up the good work

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

Way to dive in Geoff- You will be fully hooked when you start driving it-

What color are you thinking?Seems like I do not see to many in agave any more. That would be my vote.

What the heck is that little car/cart thing in the background?

Where are you located?

Joseph O'Neil

73 02 - Polaris - 2587250

67 2000 TiLux- Chamonix - 1451152

Way to dive in Geoff- You will be fully hooked when you start driving it-

What color are you thinking?Seems like I do not see to many in agave any more. That would be my vote.

What the heck is that little car/cart thing in the background?

Where are you located?

Hey Jmon, I'm going to stick to the Agave color. I like it. I have my interior being redone and ordered a nice wool carpet for it as well. I'm already hooked but am really looking forward to getting it to paint. I'm filling a couple more holes for the lower trim and then it's off to paint. Can't wait.

That little cart thing is the back ground is a golf cart (club car) that I brought back from the dead. I did A LOT of work on that thing. I live in NW Indiana in a beach community (Lake Michigan) where golf carts are allowed to be driven around.