• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rummy gets a second chance.

scestes

So I've taken on another project. Rummy is his name and he's minus an engine, a transmission, a radiator (and a few other engine components) as well as two seats. My girlfriend has expressed interest in doing some track events and I'd like to have a car that perhaps my brother and his wife can drive at track days that I attend. Having a backup car is always a plus. Rummy already has tii brakes, large rear brakes, and an upgraded suspension already. What the poor guy really needs is the engine bits, and a paint job. The rust that is visible on the trunk lid is about all there is. It's a solid car. Here are a couple of pics.

IMG_0729.sized.jpg

IMG_0727.sized.jpg

A few more pics:

http://gallery.xfiler.com/view_album.php?set_albumName=Rummy-Arrives

-=Scott=-

My Short Bus

rotate.php

1971 2002 - "William Grover-Williams" - Track/Weekend Car VIN 2579197

1998 740iL E38 - "Blau" - Daily Driver

http://gallery.xfiler.com

If you decide to make it a track day car, and feel that you don't need that back bumper, please let me know. I can find a good home for it.

Kindest Regards,

Justin

The question is not that we broke a few rules or took certain liberties with our female guests.

We did ;)

Charlie don't surf!!

• 3 months later...
My girlfriend has expressed interest in doing some track events

That kind of reminds me of my wife. At first, she was mad when my son and I showed up with a beat-up '72, but then I told her we could vintage race it, and she completely turned around.

I think her exact words were "Oh, that's great!" Then I told her we could probably make it nice for about $12k, and she said "whatever!" So now I don't even have to worry about the budget!

That kind of reminds me of my wife. At first, she was mad when my son and I showed up with a beat-up '72, but then I told her we could vintage race it, and she completely turned around.

I think her exact words were "Oh, that's great!" Then I told her we could probably make it nice for about $12k, and she said "whatever!" So now I don't even have to worry about the budget!

Well, I've had a bit of a delay in working on this car because she insists that I work on the CS first and NOT spend any money right now on this car unless deals come around that are just too good to pass up. I've been making slow but steady progress on my CS, but my brother is getting married in a week and a half, and then my girlfriend and I are moving into a large house in June or July. So the brakes are no to save for moving expenses, but I'm going to end up with a 3 car garage vs my current 1 car garage. I'll be a happy man with the new garage which she is dubbing my "cave".

-=Scott=-

My Short Bus

rotate.php

1971 2002 - "William Grover-Williams" - Track/Weekend Car VIN 2579197

1998 740iL E38 - "Blau" - Daily Driver

http://gallery.xfiler.com