• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Photos from Todays NC Jugtown Jaunt

MikeinNC

To combat the winter blues, Mike and I decided we needed to get everyone together for a mid winter drive through the hills of the Uwharrie National Forest, near Seagrove NC, Pottery Capital of NC. After a damp start (including some snow flakes, we got off to sunny skies and about 3 straight hours of twisty turny roads that were tons of fun, and a little tricky, eh Doug???? Afterwards, we all chowed down at the Jugtown Cafe and left happy and eagerly anticipating the spring time events starting next month

We gathered at Michaels dealership in Asheboro, the rides including several 02s and a few 6 cylinder BMWs, some American Iron, including Michael's SVO Mustang (with Pat up) and one Brit.

Humberto's pics are here:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Line up after blasting around the country side

Photobucket

Photobucket

Humberto caught me eating my favorite fruit, a Moonpie

Photobucket

Looks like lots of fun was had by all! I drove mine about 120 miles today. Even the A/C was working great! Have to replace the sway bar bushings, though.

BTW, there's a guy near my daughter's in Atlanta that has about eight SVO's (plus a couple other Fox Mustangs and a '64 Galaxie 500) on his front lawn and driveway. Looks like his hoarding them for the moment they become a hot commodity.

HarryPR

BMWCCA #19290

Patrick describe the SVO as like driving a Pinto (the SVO has the 2.3 litre pinto engine but with a turbo) till the 15 lbs of boost kicks in, then it takes off Said it was a little tricky in the turns because he could not predict when the boost would come in. Fortunately, he is a racer and could handle it :)

but did a little junkyarding yesterday between the snow and the rain--found a very rusty 74 in the yard, but it isn't theirs yet. Maybe a few bits 'n pieces still useable...

Spring (the season, NOT the weather) is "only" 28 days away...

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

I have to admit that I don't have glass in my car but I taped the front wind shield in and put the heater in and went for a little drive to see how the 5 speed was working.

What a wonderful way to get the work motivated again....

Todd

"Common sense isn't common"

I am jealous... of that moonpie, of course! I am glad you guys had fun. Wish it was closer, so I could sneak down there. See y'all in May!

Y'all? Jim are we Southerners rubbing off on your vacabulary now? LOL

Sam Adams
1972 Inka 2000tii Touring, 1968 Manila 1600-2, 2001 325iT

Sam, I lived in Alexandria, LA from early 1968 - late 1972, so I learned to like red beans and rice, poundcake, cornbread, gumbo, moonpies, RC Cola, Mardi Gras, etc. I learned to say y'all among other things... My older brother grad. from LSU and is still living near Baton Rouge. His wife has Louisiana roots (B.R. & N.O.) going back many generations.

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

Sorry to have missed out on the drive- damn church responsibilities ;)

Glad to see Bruce's car survived it's E-bay fishing expedition.

2003 GMC Sierra Stuff Hauler

2000 Honda Odyssey Family Hauler

1992 Mazda Miata Wife's Grocery Getter

1988 Honda NT650 Hawk GT Dust Collector

1973 BMW 2002 Sunny Day Driver

1991 318iC Daughter's ride

I am sorry I missed it. Me and Larry (my mechanic/body guy) worked on the EFi conversion of my 74tii last week and Saturday in his shop at Roxboro, but couldn't get the car idle right. We realized that I put the wrong injectors. I ordered correct ones and we will go from there, hopefully I won't miss the next drive. I missed driving my little girl. It took a lot of time and fabrication to get the conversion right, but it looks factory, all BMW parts along with some custom brackets, will post some pics soon.