• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has anyone noticed--185/70x13 Avid T4s aren't on Tire Rack's

Mike Self

web site any more...all that's left in that size are non speed rated Kumhos and Sumitomos...any other sources for the Avids?

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

is gonna need new shoes soon; it's still running on the Bridgestones I bought in Ok City during Desert Storm!

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

know we need someone to reproduce decent 185/70x13 tires at a price that won't break the bank. Personally, I'd love to Bridgestone RE900's or even Michelin XWX's or tubeless XaS's made in modern tire componds......

I've been beating on them for about 6 months now, but I suspect it's going to take a large enough volume of people contacting them that they'll realize that there really IS a market out there before they actually go to production.

Wouldn't hurt to point out to them that more people are saving and restoring small cars, and that there are a lot other vehicles (Opels, Fiats, Corvairs, Falcons, Sprites, Midgets, etc, etc) that can use tires of that size.

Barry Allen
'69 Sunroof - sold
'82 E21 (daily driver), '82 633CSi (wife's driver) - both sold
66 Chevy Nova wagon (yard & parts hauler)

I bought (1) Avid T4 for my spare tire on the tii just before last year's V@V. At that time, I believe there was some posting here about their availability.

A couple of years ago, I purchased some 145SR-15 Michelin XZX tires for the front of my VW from Coker Tire - they were about $ 110.00 each! I used to have them on my '81 Honda Civic (155SR-13 I think) and they are a great tire - if you can get them for a decent price.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

I bought a new set of T4's back in September. I've been peeling out in them all over town. yeeha! I guess I better tone it down so I can make them last. They are great tires...why do good things always have to come to an end. i guess i'll eventually have to accept "change" and move up to a 14 inch or 15 inche wheel.

1973 Sahara 2002

1969 Irish Green 911T

Austin, TX

Sounds like a petition is the way to go. It might be best submitted to Coker via someone who has been a long-time customer.

jb

more people who contact Coker directly about finding decent tires for their '02 / E21 / Sprite / Corvair / etc, the better the chances that Coker might decide it's worth the time, trouble and expense of acquiring the molds to produce a 185/70x13 "performance" tire.

Barry Allen
'69 Sunroof - sold

I just sent them an e-mail letting them know I was VERY disappointed that they've apparently decided to drop the 185/70x13 size from the Avid T4 line (the rest of the line is intact).

Web address for Yokohama's customer support feed back page is:

http://www.yokohamatire.com/customer_service/contact.aspx

Barry Allen
'69 Sunroof - sold