• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

California Eye Candy from Germany, must see pics

rogerspeed

yes - the AMCO shift knobs are screw on - they

came in many different shaft dia./thread sizes to

fit all 'import cars' back in the day. AMCO also produced the

small bumper over-rider bars, trunk lid luggage racks,

door sill protection plates, door panel scuff plates...

the shift knobs were available in leather, wood,

and with Roundel, crossed flags, or shift patterns

Try to find a old copy of the Calif. company MG Mitten

or Vilem B. Haan accesssory catalogs for their product line.

happy hunting for the correct size to fit your 02 shift lever,

they come up at swap meets.

AMCO ad from 1968

AMCO1968shiftknobad.jpg

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

hey C.D. are those AMCO knobs screw on? is there any place i can find one like it? or similar to it?

I had an Amco knob on my '73tii. It was a "leather grain" (vinyl) piece I got from a board member. The light-bulb shape is kinder to the palm of my hand than the mushroom-shaped ones from the factory.

In my dwindling stash of spares I have a NOS Amco vinyl shift knob with cloisonne BMW emblem in its original, distinctive box.

Delia

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com

a few more, engine detail, the floor with the shift knob, struts/brakes are also Alpina (left) Auto Motor und Sport, 23.November 1968, the rear seat upholstered as it should have been (IMO) the car was built and sold as a four seater and a Talbot (I missed some overspray, the horror!) BTW - 3elements slot car icon is the Lauda car

post-1480-13667602599354_thumb.jpg

post-1480-13667602602782_thumb.jpg

post-1480-13667602605164_thumb.jpg

post-1480-13667602607936_thumb.jpg

post-1480-13667602779462_thumb.jpg

RK in OC

ex- 67 1600ti/Aplina

http://rogerspeed.tripod.com/bmw_1600tialpina/

83 A/R Spider Veloce

"I come from a broken home, I should know, I broke it" Bazooka Joe

really nice, man. those fenders look f'n sick. i love that brown interior, is that original material and color for a '67? was it available for polaris cars, or was it put in by you or a P.O.?

noticed you have modell 71 headlight grills but early kidney grill. i think it would finish the look and complement the wheels if you did the kidneys black inside like the modell 71.

really nice, man. those fenders look f'n sick. i love that brown interior, is that original material and color for a '67? was it available for polaris cars, or was it put in by you or a P.O.?

noticed you have modell 71 headlight grills but early kidney grill. i think it would finish the look and complement the wheels if you did the kidneys black inside like the modell 71.

Thank you, the grill combination is a choice, as with the brown seats. I have photos 67-70 showing Alpinas and stock 1600ti's with either three all silver grilles or the side grilles with two silver bars and the center grill with black slats, the car came to me with the metal side grilles completely blacked out missing the center, so I used an all silver set and blacked out the bars, save two, for the side grilles and the silver center grill as a nod to the history, maybe we can find a vintage photo of this. BTW - the headliner was also black, ugh! thanks to Blunt it has the original material newly installed. The 1600ti was offered with brown interior, I have seen also blue and/or black with the Polaris, most would have had cloth centers, at least in europe; doubt anyone would want to race or rally with cloth seats, I used vinyl as close to original as possible. To improve aesthetics, complimented the door panel tops, rollbar and dash with black armrests and carpet, opposed to montone brown, gives contrast and depth. The car came to me with a trashed, poorly redone interior.

RK in OC

ex- 67 1600ti/Aplina

http://rogerspeed.tripod.com/bmw_1600tialpina/

83 A/R Spider Veloce

"I come from a broken home, I should know, I broke it" Bazooka Joe

• 2 years later...

By chance was that car once upon a time at 2002 AD when 2002 AD was up in Sun Valley (CA)? I remember going up there one time for something for my tii and seeing a 1600ti in there boneyard, had the ALPINA bubble flares and twin carby motor - it looked like it had been in a dust bowl (of course when 2002 AD was in that location it was in a dust bowl). I am thinking at that time they wanted like $2500 or $3k for it, could be wrong on that as I have killed alot of brain cells since 1987.

www.alpinabmw2002.com