• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FS - '73 Tii - Tiaga

CJW

Don't want to do this, but recently separated, with divorce on the horizon.

Roundie, No sunroof, rare Tiaga metallic green over black interior. New 80A alternator, battery, hazzard switch, blinker relay, fuel filter, Momo steering wheel, Rota 15" wheels tires, brake pads. New clutch and 320i 5-speed just installed with all new linkages/bushings - tranny is tight. Bilsteins & springs from previous owner. Drives/Runs strong. Dry CA car - only 1 small dash crack, but original seat padding needs replacement in driver's seat (passenger and back seat are ok), but no major tears/rips in the original vinyl seats. Overall very solid car - only a couple small cosmetic rust spots. Tiaga metallic paint faded, as is typical. Original mid-line trim and chrome in good shape. It's all there... original air intake box and pushbutton radio included seperately.

Asking $12K. If you're serious - contact me for more details and photo's.

Chris - San Jose, CA

Hi-

Did you buy this from a Jim Tedesco (SP???) up in Petaluma? I had given him a deposit but things changed. Just wondering what happened to that car! As I recall, it has the original non-snorkel tii front end too:)!

Wish I could afford it!!! Super rare and cool color!!! I think the PO actually replaced all the stainless and rechromed the bumpers, as it was all SO straight. Solid car all around, trunk, floors and rockers were great, just needed reupholstering and new paint down the line...

Wendell

'74 Sahara/Beige 2002 HS car, long, long ago...

'73 Polaris/Navy 2002 tii lost to Canada

'73 Malaga/Saddle 2002 current project

'73 Taiga/Black 2002 tii in my dreams

Yes, this is that car. I bought it from Jim last summer... a friend of mine bought his Red M3, at which time I started talking to him about this tii. He had mentioned that someone else was interested - but he called me a couple months later to see if I still wanted it.

Yes, it's very solid, and all the trim is nice. It needed new alternator & electrical straightening, but that was no problem. I had a 5-speed put in, as the original 4-speed tranny was shot - bearing was going, and 2nd gear sychro issue. Brakes also needed work - as it was pulling. I was planning on getting it repainted, and the front bumper could use a rechrome, and the seats redone, new door brakes, engine bay clean/detail.

If it doesn't sell, I'll continue fixing it up. It's a blast to drive.

Chris

• 5 weeks later...
Many interested parties - no offers yet. By e-mail to several people, I have confirmed lower asking prices... so making it public here.

First $10K will take it. This is my bottom line.

cj

Did you find a buyer???

Wendell

'74 Sahara/Beige 2002 HS car, long, long ago...

'73 Polaris/Navy 2002 tii lost to Canada

'73 Malaga/Saddle 2002 current project

'73 Taiga/Black 2002 tii in my dreams

• 9 months later...