• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973 Repainting Myself

Well here I go! Starting this Friday, I start taking all the trim and accessories off the outside of my car for my repainting project. After much thought, I decided to change the color of my car from Chamonix to Fjord. I promise to take LOTS of pictures along the way and share them with you all! My schedule is in place and I'm ready to go! Wish me luck. Say goodbye to Chamonix.

-Jim

post-12501-13667602868861_thumb.jpg

1973 2002 Fjord "LB"

• 2 weeks later...
Well here I go! Starting this Friday, I start taking all the trim and accessories off the outside of my car for my repainting project. After much thought, I decided to change the color of my car from Chamonix to Fjord. I promise to take LOTS of pictures along the way and share them with you all! My schedule is in place and I'm ready to go! Wish me luck. Say goodbye to Chamonix.

-Jim

I take it that you really dislike the Chamonix color and you are going to keep this for a long time, and just want to enjoy it. That is cool. The only risk that you have is if you sell it later you may be getting less for it because it will now have a mark against the original condition of the car. Then why not change the color to a more modern color. You have no advantage of going to a BMW color.

-Jim

I take it that you really dislike the Chamonix color and you are going to keep this for a long time, and just want to enjoy it. That is cool. The only risk that you have is if you sell it later you may be getting less for it because it will now have a mark against the original condition of the car. Then why not change the color to a more modern color. You have no advantage of going to a BMW color.

sounds to me like the man likes the color fjord and he has decided that he wants to paint his 2002 that color!

Yep. I have always liked the color Fjord on these cars. I'm not crazy about white. Chamonix is a much nicer color than what someone repainted my car 15+ years ago...appliance white! When I took off the stickers in the engine compartment, the chamonix is more of a "vanilla" color. As nice as that is, I still prefer blue, so that's what I'm painting it.

1973 2002 Fjord "LB"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...