• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How many 02ers in North Carolina?

My wife and I are really contemplating moving to the Raleigh area.....we dont' know anybody, and it will be really hard to leave all of our friends behind......

Just wondering what kind of social network I'll have if we end up coming down.

Thanks,

02MonsterMike

I cannot tell you exactly how many there are but it is an active group.

http://www.the02group.zoomshare.com/

Check out the link. I live in about 10 miles into Tennessee but the group is very open to even outsiders like myself. LOL

Great social network. I am sure many NC 02ers will chime in but suffice it to say this is a GREAT bunch of people.

Sam Adams
1972 Inka 2000tii Touring, 1968 Manila 1600-2, 2001 325iT

Too many. Not fair.

Dirk

BMW Classic Car Club of America - www.bmwccca.com

'73 2002 tii - '72 2002 (targa) Cabriolet - '71 2002 (voll) Cabriolet - '71 2002 Rally - '71 2002 Alpina A2 - '70 2002 ti - '68 1600 GT - '65 1800 TI

I think you will like it...I wouldn't live anywhere else but I have been here my whole life. There are a ton of things to do. Plenty of activities for sports, car shows, great restaurants, entertainment etc. There is a nice track nearby in Virginia called VIR that is awesome... http://www.virclub.com/ When you talk about the Triangle you are in the best college area in the world...UNC, DUKE, NC STATE all in the same area. If you have kids the schools are great. Like any town in the country you will hear different things but if you network in the right group you will love it here....

PCKTRCKT

We moved to NC from upstate New York about 10 years ago. Compared to Michigan, you will like the shorter winters, the lack of snow, and likely find lower taxes. This is a great area to enjoy your vintage sports car. Good roads, not many potholes, and lots of clubs and enthusiasts.

VIR is great, also. I am sure you will be welcome.

Chuck in NC

Chuck in NC

Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill

Home of Skidmark Racing, Mike Pugh, and others! There is a great 02 community here.

Bob

3410619 - 74 1802 Verona Touring

3460120 - 74 Verona Touring....... (Sold) sent off to LA.

2760306 - Ultimate driving machine Skidmark 204 car. 72 Inka (Sold)

Formerly the old and slow division of Skidmark Racing. 

Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill

Home of Skidmark Racing, Mike Pugh, and others! There is a great 02 community here.

Bob

Bob - Congrats on the nice article and pics in this month's Roundel (pg 86).

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

I'm getting lots of great feedback......thanks...

My only issue becomes finding a job in mechanical engineering. My wife will be able to find a job in a matter of days, as she is a veterinary technician with an internal medicine certification.

I've worked in automotive seating for almost 10 years,and everything that I've been finding has nothing to do with anything that I'm able to do....

What companies might I investigate further that are within the Triangle?

Keep telling me more about the area....the pros and the cons.

Thanks again,

02MonsterMike

Mike

I live in Raleigh as others have mentioned Been here for 27 years and really like the weather NC is ACC basketball country and home of a wonderful 02 group and some really great roads We have tons of fun, just about year round. Three major Universities here in the Triangle area. Many of the 02 brethern live in Winston Salem or Charlotte area

I am a mechanical engineer too so maybe I can help you locate something Mostly high tech and research in this area but google Research Triangle Park and you will get an idea of the businesses Not a lot of manufacturing as most factories like that have gone overseas. But there are jobs, depending on your back ground There are more manufacturing jobs in Charlotte but it is a big, fast moving area.

Email me at mmpugh(at)earthlink.net and I will be glad to offer some advice and hints

HTH

We moved to NC from upstate New York about 10 years ago. Compared to Michigan, you will like the shorter winters, the lack of snow, and likely find lower taxes. This is a great area to enjoy your vintage sports car. Good roads, not many potholes, and lots of clubs and enthusiasts.

VIR is great, also. I am sure you will be welcome.

Chuck in NC

Chuck in NC

Except for 3 years in Grand Rapids, I've been here for my whole life. If you come down, have an open mind. Its different. I think good different. I learned in my time in GR, that there are red-necks everywhere, only different accents. I live away from the "big cities" of NC, in the western part, at the base of the mountains. Yes mountains. With skiing from T'giving thru ?. Great roads for cruisin'. Mountains on one side, ocean on the other. Like California without the gov't. Dont get me wrong, I love CA. There is a company called Emery Corp that does stuff for NASA and probably spook stuff, here that does lots of high tech mech stuff. Might check them out (Morganton,NC). I dont know, I design furniture. Worth a try. Good luck, and give me a buzz if you'd like. Dave V. in NC

Another 02er here. 40 miles east of Raleigh. Lived in NC all my life. It's not perfect but I can't think of a place I'd rather be. The 02 group is certainly worth getting involved with. State chapter of BMWCCA is good. 40 or so years ago it seems that much good BMW stuff was centered in NC (Miller & Norburn and Korman's for example) & there's still some of that old knowledge & enthusiasm around.In addition to others that have been mentioned in posts above RIMSPOKE lives in Wake Forest & a former Miller & Norburn tech (a very good one at that) is at Shade Tree Garage north of Raleigh. Haven't seen many posts from Rigmaster recently but he & Sam are here too. Oh yeah, Mike Self spent a few years here at "that other" university in the triangle. It's a good place with good people.

I should promote the MW '02 Group, but THE02GROUP truly is a great bunch of '02 nuts. They have been very kind and hospitable to this Ohioan when I come to NC. (Vintage attendee X3 & plan to attend this May) Thanks to people like Scott Sturdy, Mike Pugh and many others, they are an active, knowledgeable, fun group.

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz