• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

(nt)

I hope to become a more dilligent consumer ....

Go do it at another crowd's expense, masquing a thread and then bombing a non-BMW NA "dealer" (who DOES provide a service whether you think so or not) was, frankly, bullshit.

For a couple decades '02 people had a (deserved rep) for being tight, stupid, and offensive.

Many of us have made a lot of effort to dispell that image however, you sir, totally deserve it.

Jeeze, a little too much coffee today? I think Blunt handled it fine, and didn't need your help. For whatever that is worth.

Steve asked me to delete this thread as he didn't mean to raise so many emotions from board members. Try to remember we are all more or less in this together, no need to jump down each others throats.

P.s. we dont delete threads here. ;)

just to clarify, i did not request any thread be deleted

heh, i almost forgot you were a steve too... i meant the OP steve, "2323"...

Waiting 6 months for a refund/replacement?

Have you lost your gourd, man?

I have sold at least 5000 USED BMW parts over the last 10 years. Mine are not new, however there have been only 3 occasions where I have missed a small defect such as a broken or missing clip on an item such as a 6 series inner door panel/card, for instance.

In every case (3 to date), the buyer opened the box immediately, inspected the item(s) and brought to my attention the defective part. I not only refunded all payment (selling price & shipping), but let them keep the item(s), regardless if they were able to use them or not.

Now if someone waited 6 months to open the box... who knows how many times the box has been moved, dropped, accidently kicked/stepped on, or something fell on it?

Now in my situation, selling USED parts, I do not have a time restraint for filing a claim with the supplier. I haven't researched FedEx's claims' time frame as I've never had a need to. Therefore, if someone waited 6 months I would probably refund or replace the part if I could. BUT, being that 6 months have passed ,I would do so with a smile on my face but at the same time,do it very reluctantly.

Personally, if i spent $824 on extremely fragile aluminum grilles, I would open the box immediately, inspect, and store them in a locked round room with 6" of soft foam rubber covering every square inch of surface area in that room.

IMO, someone needs to rethink their priorities and not be so complacent regarding the security and safety of storing their expensive replacement parts.

BUS_CARDfaq.jpg

AKA: "Captain Obvious"

Drivers:

'72 '02

75 Opel Ascona

e21

2-e30's

2-e28's

15+ parts cars

http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/fosters.3

For a couple decades '02 people had a (deserved rep) for being tight, stupid, and offensive.

Well thanks !

Dirk

BMW Classic Car Club of America - www.bmwccca.com

'73 2002 tii - '72 2002 (targa) Cabriolet - '71 2002 (voll) Cabriolet - '71 2002 Rally - '71 2002 Alpina A2 - '70 2002 ti - '68 1600 GT - '65 1800 TI