• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New to us 75 auto

jhelgesen

Hi, new to the list here, wanted to share our project.

My wife wanted something with an automatic and lots of character, so after looking at a few, we found her a project with a darn solid body and the requested auto tranny. CD radio and AC are on the list too :)

Started stripping paint Sunday, as there are issues with bubbling under the second coat of paint. Trying chemical stripper to start. There is very pretty factory metal down there....

DSCN3457.jpg

DSCN3464.jpg

Interior is a bit worn, but we can work with it.

DSCN3461.jpg

Glad to be here.

John Helgesen - Stahlwerks Performance

76 914

76 911

01 530i

63 356b time capsule

02 GTG--in SE OH near the I-77/I-70 interchange. There should be some info posted on the events board, or drop Jim Denker (Jim_75Sahara on the board) an e-mail. We're expecting a group from NC, MD and northern VA in additon to our OH and IN cohorts.

And don't forget Vintage at the Vineyard...

Whether your car's finished or not, bring it. And welcome to the 02 fraternity/sorority.'

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Welcome John. I picked up a 1975 automatic last fall. I kind of bought it on a whim, but I have no regrets. It needs a bit of work(passenger floor pan, headliner, heater box R&R, and so on) but I'm semi-retired so it gives me something to do. So far I've fitted a MOMO Alpina steering wheel and I have some Aardvarc Racing Recaros sitting in the basement, so I'm hoping to make some real progress this summer. Have fun! I prefer a stick, but the autobox isn't all that bad; it's kind of fun actually...

Bailey Taylor

1975 2002A

1995 318ti Club Sport

2004 X3 2.5

1999 Wrangler Sahara

2007 Mazdaspeed3

1996 Triumph Speed Triple

Auto's become more rare day after day....keep it stock !!

see my blog, i am restoring a 74' auto. as the spring gets by, i will restart to work on the project...pfew !

2006 530xi, 1974 2002 Automatic summer DD
1985 XR4TI, 22psi ±300hp
1986 yota pick-up, 2006 Smart FT diesel