• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Beware of Tom Stout Part 2

quinnster

Hey all,

I'm the poor schmuck that was overly trusting and got taken for $5500 by a guy named Tom Stout. For those of you that missed my previous post - Tom sold me a 1970 02 on Ebay back in August - here's a link to some pix - http://s220.photobucket.com/albums/dd293/tnbmw_02/?start=0

tnbmw_02@yahoo.com password is peterbilt. He was suppose to do some resto to the car and then I'd pick it up. He screwed me and has not delivered. I did see him. I did go to his shop. I saw and touched the car.

Well the latest - I took him to small claims in Boone NC and won - of course Tom did not show up. Still no car & no money. Now I'm waiting to submit more forms to the sheriff to try and recoup my cash/car. So, once again I'm putting out a warning to you all. This guy is a champ - he'll stop at nothing to scam you. I know he has other cars and will at some point in time need to sell them. Do not believe a word he tells you. Do not buy anything w/out seeing it first. Do not send money. Check VIN #s, serial #s - the works. If any of you come across him - let me know. He resides in both NC and TN. His brother is Johny and lives in TN. Tom is not married, his girlfriend is Kim and his mom is not dead. All things he used to pull me in.

AndyS - according to the police, if others come foreword more can be done. I'll gladly drive back to Boone to submit paper work for you or to press additional charges.

All you 02 folks seem like a great group of people and I was looking forward to joining in on all the fun and passion for these cars - the thing is, I'm out a wad of cash. So, even if someone had a sweet car for me to buy - I can't. So, any help in this matter would be great. If you've already been taken by Tom, speak up. File a report!!!!

Peace,

Mike in Chapel Hill