• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

75 Auto resto-mod

jhelgesen

This is our first 2002, a 75 Auto we got local here in Charlotte. My wife wanted something with character, an auto tranny, a cd player and ac. This has 2 out of 4 to start. :)

Initial craigslist photo...

2002.jpg

She runs and drives, has a bit of a tranny leak, but we have another tranny lined up from another list member already (THANKS!!)

Trailered her home in the rain and started cleaning up last week.

DSCN3459.jpg

DSCN3461.jpg

Started stripping paint and found beautiful steel.

DSCN3464.jpg

DSCN3470.jpg

Hood is straight but has some rust on the nose.

DSCN3462.jpg

DSCN3471.jpg

Roof is the same. Will be stripped.

DSCN3463.jpg

John Helgesen - Stahlwerks Performance

76 914

76 911

01 530i

63 356b time capsule

Hey John.

"Nice find."

The Auto's ARE alot of fun to drive. I'm in the process of building one for my wife.

I noticed that your Driver Seat is missing it trims. I'm currently in the midst of swapping my seats our for Recaro's. That said, once I've got the Recaro Driver in, I'll have extra stock seat parts to do with what I please.

If you'd like the trims, I'b be more than happy to ship them to you for the price of shipping.

Lemme' know 'n' Good Luck with yer' '02. I'll check in on your blog from time to time to see how it shapes up.

-Ken (ralphus29@ahoo.com)

Stripped the trunk lid surface the rest of the way today. It is very straight with a little surface rust under the trim.

DSCN3537.jpg

The hood isn't in as good shape. Has some bondo on the nose, I'm trying to get under it to push it out, or just find a new hood.

DSCN3543.jpg

I spent a few hours taking out a pair of dents back by the rear window.

DSCN3475.jpg

DSCN3541.jpg

My wife started disassembling the seats to make new covers.

DSCN3521.jpg

DSCN3532.jpg

DSCN3534.jpg

John Helgesen - Stahlwerks Performance

76 914

76 911

01 530i

63 356b time capsule

• 3 weeks later...

Cool project! It'll be a very nice ride for the boss once you're done with it.

I'm a big fan of automatic '02's too. My wife drove a Sahara '74 for a few years and loves them.

Andy Stuckey's wife drives a sweet roundie and Victor PR's Siennabraun is one of the cleanest '02's you'll see. Both are automatics.

HarryPR

BMWCCA #19290