• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

head on collision and i'm still walking

esty

hubby steve flew out to arizona early this morning and i drove him to the airport at 4:30am

there was a weather advisory...severe fog but i'm a brave old broad...i was almost home, driving 35 not a car in sight on a country highway when over the hill ahead comes a line of cars...

a car pulled out of the oncoming line of traffic to pass and the next thing i recall was a loud explosion and my car filled with smoke...

i got hit head on...when the dust settled, the front passenger wheel was in the seat beside me...the windshield expoded...i assume from the airbags and i was covered in glass...but not blood

the car that hit me glanced off, went off the road and traveled down a ditch about 300 feet...the driver of the other car was cited and according to the police report i was given a copy of, he was going 50 mph

anyway...i'm lucky & alive...my chest and left arm and leg are killing me and i'm having trouble walking....but it could have been a lot worse...it's true...airbags and seat belts work but can also hurt you...i believe my pain is from the belt locking me in and the airbag exploding in my chest

needless to say my honda accord is totaled...

if i promised to ship anyone anything today it's unlikely to happen...if there are any problems, email me and i'll make it right

happy & alive

esty

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well thank goodness you are walking about on your own steam. Having survived a couple of bad ones, you need to have yourself checked out thoroughly. There are injuries that may not have yet surfaced. Wrecks are brutal stuff.

More former BMW's than it is possible to list.

Esty, I have read many posts from you on this board and think highly of your opinion. Glad you are ok. But, since I'm a doc headed off to work a shift in the ER, I have to ask if you have been checked by a doctor? At a minimum you need a check and some pain meds, maybe xrays etc. You will hurt worse before it gets better! Feel free to email me with any questions... and glad you are in one piece!

Aaron

Walter: You want a toe? I can get you a toe, believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don't wanna know about it, believe me. I'll get you a toe by this afternoon--with nail polish...

I'm no doctor like Lebowski but I strongly agree with him and m-racer. Get checked out! I have had a few wrecks in my day and the first one was the worse on my body because I did not get checked. The other accidents, I made an appointment the same day or the day after. I did not used to believe in heat therapy, but the heat therapy along with a good chiropractor helped me tremendously. Please go see a doctor. We (the 2002 community) need you to be whole and well :-).

1974 2002 Chamonix

1974 2002 Tii

1975 2002 Polaris

1985 535i Diamantschwarz

being checked by a doctor (at least be as good to your body as you are to your car!)...and keep us posted.

I guess we don't have all the idiot drivers in Ohio like I thought.

Be safe out there, everyone!

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

WOW...well glad you are not more seriously hurt.....get checked out very well and do follow ups...also DONT settle anything until you are free of all aches and pains. Some injuries take time to be realized and insurance companies know that and try and do settlements BEFORE that happens. Its very tough to reopen cases...Get well soon!

1976 BMW 2002 Fjord Blue Ireland Stage II • Bilstein Sports • Ireland Headers • Weber 38 • 292 Cam • 9.5:1 Pistons • 123Tune Bluetooth 15" BBS

2018 BMW M550i X-Drive

1964 Volvo Amazon Wagon
http://www.project2002.com

to the MD's in the house...everyone that i've spoken to today is kickin my butte about not going to the dr....problem is, i'm stuck at home without transportation...

i tried driving one of the 02's and couldn't turn the wheel without winching in pain....ever been kicked by a mule...i imagine this is what it feels like...i could drive the e30 but it's kept at the shop several miles from home

i'm unable to have a rental car delivered til tomorrow so i'm stranded til that happens

i'll be ok

to the MD's in the house...everyone that i've spoken to today is kickin my butte about not going to the dr....problem is, i'm stuck at home without transportation...

i tried driving one of the 02's and couldn't turn the wheel without winching in pain....ever been kicked by a mule...i imagine this is what it feels like...i could drive the e30 but it's kept at the shop several miles from home

i'm unable to have a rental car delivered til tomorrow so i'm stranded til that happens

i'll be ok

Esty, glad you're ok. Why not just call an Ambulance, it seems justified.

70 M2 2.5L 

Glad to hear you walked away from it.

I guess there are no taxis where you live?

What about a friend who could take you to the hospital? I only say this, because if you hurt as badly as you say you do, it will be worse tomorrow and you probably shouldn't be behind the wheel.

Just my .02 cents

Esty,

Not to act like a broken record, but if you have worsening chest pain or shortness of breath, or abd pain you should call an ambulance. Never feel guilty about calling an ambulance for chest pain or pain so bad you can't function around the house... I'm at work now, till midnight but will keep checking the forum....

Aaron

Walter: You want a toe? I can get you a toe, believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don't wanna know about it, believe me. I'll get you a toe by this afternoon--with nail polish...