• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

head on collision and i'm still walking

esty

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yikes, glad you survived and are talking about it. modern car safety design is a wonderful thing.

one comment though...airbags and belts don't hurt you. the accident hurts you. airbags and belts minimize the damage. without them, you wouldn't be typing this thread...

having been in a 100mph race track impact however, i will take an 8pt cage, 6pt harness, hans device, window and right side nets and a helmet over an airbag and three point belt in an accident anytime. a bit impractical on the street though!

2xM3

ok guys...truth time...i didn't go to the dr because since steve's out of town, my fur baby's are dependent on me....a trip to the er would probably mean 6 hours time with a resulting $5G bill and no way home...i have a problem with wasting resources, such as er time, unless the situation is truly critical

i live in a very rural area, no cabs, no neighbors but if there is a crisis, i'd absolutely call an ambulance...

really...i think it's just bruising and soreness but am watching the orifices for blood and other unusual secretions (i know...yuk)

and...i forgot to tell you guys the real pisser about the ordeal this morning...they wouldn't tow my car 4 miles to my home but insisted on towing it to a wrecker yard and i wasn't up to an argument...and no one at the scene...ems, fire dept, county sheriffs dept, state troopers, wrecker service...no one would give me a ride home...i had to walk 4 miles from the wreck to my home

actually i always need the exercise but it was dark, wet, cold and extremely foggy and i could've been run over

i feel better now having bitched about that

ok guys...truth time...i didn't go to the dr because since steve's out of town, my fur baby's are dependent on me....a trip to the er would probably mean 6 hours time with a resulting $5G bill and no way home...i have a problem with wasting resources, such as er time, unless the situation is truly critical

i live in a very rural area, no cabs, no neighbors but if there is a crisis, i'd absolutely call an ambulance...

really...i think it's just bruising and soreness but am watching the orifices for blood and other unusual secretions (i know...yuk)

and...i forgot to tell you guys the real pisser about the ordeal this morning...they wouldn't tow my car 4 miles to my home but insisted on towing it to a wrecker yard and i wasn't up to an argument...and no one at the scene...ems, fire dept, county sheriffs dept, state troopers, wrecker service...no one would give me a ride home...i had to walk 4 miles from the wreck to my home

actually i always need the exercise but it was dark, wet, cold and extremely foggy and i could've been run over

geeze, talk about insult to injury...

I'm glad you're ok Esty and I wish you a safe and fast recovery.

David G.
1989 Volvo 240 Wagon "Da Brick" Daily driver
1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R "Hitomi" Sleeping. Waiting for NEO VVL!!
1976 BMW 2002 "Diana" The never ending project!!!

Probably insisted on towing the car to their yard because they can turn around and charge insane storage fees to the insurance company. As far as not giving you a ride home, I'm not sure law enforcement is allowed to but I know the tow truck driver can. When I wrecked my first 02, the tow truck driver dropped me off at work and then towed the car to the yard (hence how I found out about insane fees).

-John

76 Verona 2002

74 Sahara 2002

ouch, you are setting a new standard for a bad day. it can only get better, right?

2xM3

What an ordeal! I know you are attached to the four legged critters, but they aren't going to be taken care of if you aren't around to do it. I strongly suggest that after making sure they have their food and water that you call an ambulance and go get checked out. Seriously. If you don't, I will be driving from Little Rock to Byhalia to take you myself.

On a side note, I am driving tomorrow through your area on the way to Florida. If you need anything please call my cell number and I'll stop by. I will email you that number. And I mean anything, milk, eggs, ibuprofin, bottle of Jack.....please don't be shy. With Steve out of town and you having no wheels, I would be very open to helping you out.

Get better!

Doug