• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

head on collision and i'm still walking

esty

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Esty -

Sorry to hear (and read) about your accident. Any FAQr's nearby that can offer a ride? Wish I was closer to help.

Years ago, I was t-boned hard in a customer's Audi 4000 by a VW Cabriolet that ran a stop sign. I walked away with a chipped bone in my finger while both VW occupants went to the hospital. The impact was so severe it knocked me over the console and into the pass. side window (stupid me and no seatbelt - that taught me a lesson).

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

What an ordeal! I know you are attached to the four legged critters, but they aren't going to be taken care of if you aren't around to do it. I strongly suggest that after making sure they have their food and water that you call an ambulance and go get checked out. Seriously. If you don't, I will be driving from Little Rock to Byhalia to take you myself.

On a side note, I am driving tomorrow through your area on the way to Florida. If you need anything please call my cell number and I'll stop by. I will email you that number. And I mean anything, milk, eggs, ibuprofin, bottle of Jack.....please don't be shy. With Steve out of town and you having no wheels, I would be very open to helping you out.

Get better!

Doug

now this is some 02 FAQin'! ;)

They made you walk home??? What if you had hit your head, and later had complications due to the stress of the wreck during the forced march?

Take it from a former auto insurance adjuster. I was paid not to pay people for an injury... But when I could see an accident was bad, I HAD to encourage people to see a Dr. and get there however they could. I know most people's tendancy is to try to shrug it off, but you'd be surprised what could happen to your body in the absense a visible "cut or bruise"

Glad you're not seriously hurt, but see a Dr... The pain is going to get A LOT worse!

Brian

Esty,

so very sorry to hear about your accident and injury. I hope by now you've been to the doctor and been treated.

that just sucks so much.

there is just so much dangerous driving that goes on now. Unskilled fools with too much horsepower and ego .

Truly unbelievable that he wasn't arrested. that's the problem: there's no time for the crime.

I pray for your speedy recovery and a huge fat check from the prick's insurance company.

Get well soon!

Kamo

75 Manila

Where's Alonso?

Ditto what Lebowski & others said to you. (Cardiac RN here) Take care of yourself. Don't settle with "idiot head on collision dude" until you are sure what your injuries are. That means X-rays, CT scans or whatever is appropriate & then a lack of ongoing complications. I settled in '92, months after being hit by a little Nissan at a crosswalk. As the pedestrian, I was launched into the air and shredded my favorite shirt as well as my scalp. I ended up being OK, but it takes a while to be certain! Good luck, you are a tuff lady.

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

believe it or not...i wouldn't even consider a payday from this...as long as i get my losses i'll be a happy camper...i hope i don't have to put my bitch hat on with the adjuster...unfortunately, it's a young broad...i spoke to her earlier today...i tend to communicate with the boys somewhat better

ya know what sux...i filled up on the way to the airport this morning and had a new set of tires mounted saturday....

at least the car had a full belly and new shoes when she died...but there are a million accords and other comparable commuter cars to be had for cheap

Don't get me wrong; I did not make a big payday out of my incident. I settled "cheap" -- the adjuster decided to round up the check he cut for me. I merely wanted lost wages, my medical bills, and a tiny amount for aggravation & so forth. It was a very amicable set of dealings with the insurance adjuster. (The woman who hit me changed her story, taking no responsibility for the accident later. This contradicted the eyewitness reports and the police report which put the blame on her for running a red light, hitting me in the crosswalk. When she first hit me, she came over saying: "I'm so sorry, it's all my fault!") I was proud that I looked out for numero uno w/out expecting a large payday in return.

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

Sorry to hear of your plight/flight, young'un. I understand the critter thing. Godspeed back to good health, and glad you are relatively OK. As Hannibal Lecter said, " take care, Esty, the world world be a much less interesting place without you.." Or something like that. Keep us posted. Dave V. in NC

Glad to hear you are feeling better soon. Please dont rule out being in shock, i sure am reading the whole story, what kind country do we live in that safety folks wont give you a ride home, wow. take care and get see the dr.

FO 2573825

1971 2002, 5-OD, Recaro SE, BBK, 90Amp Alt, Turbines, VDO, Hellas, BD belts, LED Tails, 10 Foot DD