• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

320i 5 speed, tested and known good $250

ThatGuy

I have this extra 5 speed for sale. I know it's good because I just took it out of the car.

Why did I take a good 5 speed out?

Well, our first 5 speed seemed sloppy so I got 5 speed #2 and put it in.

Five speed #2 sounded bad after driving it so I picked up 5 speed #3, the one for sale.

As I was putting #3 in the car I noticed the pilot bearing was bad so I replaced it. #3 worked great, no noises, shifts good.

I started thinking, did #2 seem bad because of the bad pilot bearing?? I should put it back in to find out.

Sure enough, #2 is fine and it was the pilot bearing that made it sound like it was bad. I deifinitely do not want to change transmissions again so #2 is staying in the car and #3 is for sale.

onetwomanycars@yahoo.com

post-12220-13667603482642_thumb.jpg

71, flat black

Beat to fit, paint to match.

Do what you love and you'll never work a day in your life.

"Some people spend a lifetime wondering if they made a difference, Marines don't have that problem" - Ronald Reagan

Hey Bart! I can use that for my Touring! AND I can pick up if you don't want to ship, drop me an e-mail, please? THANKS!

------------------------

why list 'em...they're all projects anyways!

I've been asked what happened to 5 speed #1.

Well, I still have it and was going to keep it as a spare just in case. It's still good but has a minor issue with getting back into fourth when downshifting from 5th. Sometimes it doesn't go right in to fourth.

If I didn't find #2 when I did I would still have #1 in the car, so it is definitely usable.

Any offers? (rather not ship). Oh, and it's going to need a three hole output flange if you run a later driveshaft, #3 had a four hole on it when I got it so I had to swap. I still have the four holer flange too.

71, flat black

Beat to fit, paint to match.

Do what you love and you'll never work a day in your life.

"Some people spend a lifetime wondering if they made a difference, Marines don't have that problem" - Ronald Reagan