• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this a good 2002 to purchase

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

hey guys,

looking for advice as to the 1976 2002 that i'm thinking of purchasing. 210k+ miles on the chassis, 60k+ on new engine. interior looks good except for a cracked dash which is currently covered by dash cover, seats redone, a/c, all electrical works, and 2in cut on headliner.

as for rust, it is minimal, bubble on passenger side (lower left on front fender):

passenger_rust.jpeg

door dings and more rust that have been treated and repainted:

passender_door_dings.jpeg

some surface rust under the hood:

under_hood.jpeg

and some surface rust on the metal part between windshield and engine bay:

engine_bay.jpg

i think i can deal w/ the exterior rust as i'd probably get a body shop to repair and repaint but how about under the hood and in the engine bay? is this a descent car to start out with? tia.

fred

have you crawled underneath it and poked the floors with a screwdriver?

check around the the driver and passanger footwells. Hard to give a recomendation with just a couple of pictures but it looks decent.

"Technology has ruined the driving experience"

Guest Anonymous

the car is not local to me. it originally came from california then original owner had it transported to north carolina and is now in alabama with the 2nd owner.

he said there is no rust on the floorboard.

Guest Anonymous
oh, and asking price is $6k

Too much $. I'm sure someone on here would sell you your dream 02 for $6k.

well, if someone has a 2002 that is in great condition for $6k, hit me up at: craaaazzy -at- gmail -dot- com =)

Guest Anonymous
craaaazy: I bought its clone in Alabama in 2003 for much less than $6K. In fact, mine had less rust. Where are you located?

located in atlanta, ga.

I say it looks to be driver material, worth about 3k IMHO. As far as the under hood rust, it's just a matter of time and money. 6k should buy something pretty darn sweet.

is this based on east or west coast 02 availability? i see a lot of 02's in the west coast but not so much in the east. guess i'll just need to be patient and wait for the right one to pop up. again, send cars my way if you guys find good buys. thanks!

my project blog:

craaaazzy's 2002 project

I say it looks to be driver material, worth about 3k IMHO. As far as the under hood rust, it's just a matter of time and money. 6k should buy something pretty darn sweet.

is this based on east or west coast 02 availability? i see a lot of 02's in the west coast but not so much in the east. guess i'll just need to be patient and wait for the right one to pop up. again, send cars my way if you guys find good buys. thanks!

I guess that'd be West coast since I'm in California. But even here one does well to be patient when buying an '02. I took about six months of looking and finally settled for one that only met about 50 percent of my criteria.