• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

3.2 CSL...

Justin76

No idea who he is but that price is insane. Hard to tell if it's legitimate without seeing it in person, but there are some weird things about it in the photos. The power window buttons are in the front but should be in the back (maybe someone reinstalled them wrong) as the front windows are manual crank and the rears are power. There's no AC, which is right, but someone hacked up a custom radio faceplate and put instruments in the speaker grille cover. I didn't know they made those in black but, sure, whatever.

For that price you would think that he would at least list the VIN# so that one could validate that it falls within the correct range for a valid CSL bat. Seems fishy to me and I live in Santa Cruz ;-)

It could be a score if it's legit...

Proud owner of #4340036 '74 3.0csi

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

For that price you would think that he would at least list the VIN# so that one could validate that it falls within the correct range for a valid CSL bat. Seems fishy to me and I live in Santa Cruz ;-)

It could be a score if it's legit...

Proud owner of #4340036 '74 3.0csi

It's 4355042.... because im psychic.

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

It's 4355042.... because im psychic.

Yes, I've now read the thread on BringATrailor now. Too funny!

I'd want to see the VIN# stamped into metal in all three places ;-)

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

It will eventually find a buyer at close to that price. It is the real deal, one of our OC BMW friends has seen the car and knows the owner. Coupeking sold Chris Provo's Inka CSL (one of the first 169 carbed cars) earlier last year for $122K. That buyer now has it for sale and will have to take less for it due in part to the economy. The later cars that have their Bat kits are very rare and command big bucks.

HBChris

`73 3.0CS Chamonix, `69 2000 NK Atlantik

`70 2800 Polaris, `79 528i Chamonix