• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Indy 02's 1973 Tii restoration

Indy02

Hello, to all. Here are just a few of the pictures of my 73Tii that I have been working on since I bought this as a rolling shell in Mid 2002. I am having trouble posting pictures so if you go to www.indychevelle.com and look under friends cars (Pat's1973tii) you can view some of the photos. I have kept a photo log of most of the progress from inception but like I said for some reason I can't get them to load here!! If anyone has any ideas how, or where to post all my progressive pictures please help me out!! I would like to share with everyone who is interested!! Thanks,Pat . Additionally this is the best, most helpful group of individuals I have ever met!!

Larry called it correctly on the color. It is Verona red. It it a manual transmission. I got my 5 speed transmission back from the shop last week. Last night I bolted the motor and transmission together so tonight I'll be trying to install it. More to come!! Thanks for all the kind words from everyone, it motivates me to keep pushing forward!!

Thanks Kris, I spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to bring the battery cable thru the firewall without cutting up the brand new insulation blanket. So, instead I routed it next to the hood latch cable and out the hole where the harnesses from the engine compartment come to the fuse block.

Pat -

Wonderful pics of the Verona tii! I'm hoping to do what you are doing someday to another 2002.

Is your Hella (round) horn relay new? If so, where did you get it? I'm looking for a better one for my car.

Thanks!

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Royal Red 69 VW Squareback built 8/13/68 “Patty”

Jim, there is a Hella relay on Ebay like the one I have it's item # 260382101872. The same seller I got mine from. But just so you know this relay has an external fuse with a rubber cover. I bought it anyway because it looks so much better than what I had! Thanks to all for the comments! Pat

Jim, no the harness is not new. It's the harness out of my Wisconsin (very rusty) donor car. I spent multiple days re-wraping and replacing terminal ends. I have seen a couple of harnesses on Ebay but they could not tell me if they were correct for my car. So I spent time on mine and used the savings on other stuff!! :)

• 2 weeks later...