• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wierd Find on German Flea-Bay: Odd Sport Petri Steeringwheel

brucedemuro

Hey guys I found this while doing a little eBay window shopping.

I've never seen one of these before (the deep dish is what threw me off) im used to seeing the flat version...

Anyone seen them before? Are they common? worth getting?

post-2683-13667604090495_thumb.jpg

post-2683-13667604091233_thumb.jpg

Ok, Let her rip!

I have one similar to this....Mine does not have the bellows, (just a solid plastic collar.) the inside reveals a vintage VW/AUDI casting. On mine, the grip is hard foam simulated to look like stiched leather. Someone thought that this might be a modded Sciroco item. Anyway, it is a nice comfortable wheel.

Ben

--> 1968 2002 <--

It's a non-leather VW/Audi wheel with different ergonimcs than the Petri made for BMW, and it has a Momo hub. Is it worth getting ? Only you can tell. I would wait until the real thing comes up.

Dirk

BMW Classic Car Club of America - www.bmwccca.com

'73 2002 tii - '72 2002 (targa) Cabriolet - '71 2002 (voll) Cabriolet - '71 2002 Rally - '71 2002 Alpina A2 - '70 2002 ti - '68 1600 GT - '65 1800 TI

It's a non-leather VW/Audi wheel with different ergonimcs than the Petri made for BMW, and it has a Momo hub. Is it worth getting ? Only you can tell. I would wait until the real thing comes up.

A Petri wheel is a Petri wheel -- whether for a VW Scirocco or not. This one has the correct BMW horn push and despite its VW heritage (VWs and Porsches are known to have Petri wheels) and deep dished configuration, may actually be a better fit for your particular driving style (as well as your height).

The smaller (350mm) BMW 2002 Sport wheels were made of hard foam rubber and AFAIK, the larger wheels (for the CSLs) were available in leather AND hard foam.

The hubs are specific to the Petri wheels (note the unusually-spaced cap screw array) and this one DOES NOT have a Momo hub. It's possible to source a correct BMW 2002 hub from German ebay.

I purchased similar wheel (380mm) a number of years ago for about $50.

Delia

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com