• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Attention 1600 cabrio or 3.0 CS/CSi coupe owners: seat belts

bluedevils

I am offering a very unique set of late model Autoflug seat belts specially designed (by me) for 1600/2002 cabrio or 3CS/CSi coupe owners. I have a pair of specially angled retractors to replace your old Klippan spaghetti belts for the fronts. These fit in the lower b-pillar mounting holes in your car. They also come with three types of receiving ends which fit on the existing holes in the tunnel. Two of them are cable type and one is belt type. For 1600/2002 cabrio, the receiving ends are the longer ones, for 3CS/CS i coupe receiving ends are the shorter type. Or, you can choose the belt type receiving end for rear seat applications. Retractors are both automatic and emergency locking type which are safer than the lap belts typically retrofitted to these specific cars. Asking $200+paypal+shipping. All parts are either new or used but in mint cosmetic and working condition, definitely suitable for a concours car. First come first serve. I am selling them as USED belts for liability reasons, however you won't be disappointed with the quality. Please indicate your preference of the receiving end so I can stitch the tongues accordingly (all sewing is done in a walking foot professional sewing machine using bonded nylon #138 thread with zig zag pattern for extra strength). These are the only one of their kind in the world. Webbing outside the retractor can be adjusted from 35" to 50" depending on the size of your beer belly. If you are not sure how good my seat belts are, please ask around. (SALE PITCH: I have refurbished and sold about 35 pairs of German belts so far which include some Porsche and E21 seat belts, I guess word spreads around).

Note: I also have two sets (two pairs) of Autoflug belts, two pairs (two sets) of Repa sets, all in mint condition for your 2002s, available in a week. Email for pics and price details. There are only two other companies in US that offer this kind of service, one haven't heard about about Repa or Autoflug, the other does it for Porsche, both are very very expensive.

post-2494-13667604165733_thumb.jpg

post-2494-13667604168718_thumb.jpg

These (lap) belts will work on the 1600/2002 cabrio if the mounting holes are indeed at the bottom of the b-pillar. If the holes are too far to the front, there is no space for these retractors on the angled brackets. It would interfere with the movement of the seat.

A lap belt only gives limited protection. By wearing it, you won't fly out of the car, but you can still damage your head pretty bad when slamming it against the steering wheel.

A much better, and safer alternative would be the installation of a retractable 3-point belt. The best seatbelt setup which I have seen sofar is where the retractor is installed under the rear seat and the belt is guided through a sleeve between the seat and the side panel.

post-1349-13667604200149_thumb.jpg

post-1349-13667604201833_thumb.jpg

Dirk

BMW Classic Car Club of America - www.bmwccca.com

'73 2002 tii - '72 2002 (targa) Cabriolet - '71 2002 (voll) Cabriolet - '71 2002 Rally - '71 2002 Alpina A2 - '70 2002 ti - '68 1600 GT - '65 1800 TI

Dirk, thanks for the input. Some additional comments are in order: 1)these retractors are different than those you have (Repas) which are automatic belts but they won't tighten up until an impact. These belts on the other hand tighten up constantly, just like the 3-point belts, and also during a sudden impact, holding your body closer to seat at all times, so they offer a slightly better protection than the standard lap belts; 2)you can use the brackets in such a way that retractors will be mounted behind the seat level, closer to b-pillar, if the mounting holes are indeed close to the seat level. I can also provide shorter or longer brackets, depending on the application (2" to 6"). The brackets in the picture I posted are 3" long.

I can also "make" 3-point seat belts as shown if anybody interested, with additional hooks to hold the excess webbing, or by adjusting the length of the webbing so there will be no excess spaghetti on the floor.

Have a happy and safe driving..

I would be interested, if they are retractable just like on the picture above, and am looking forward to your proposal. Thanks.

Dirk

BMW Classic Car Club of America - www.bmwccca.com

'73 2002 tii - '72 2002 (targa) Cabriolet - '71 2002 (voll) Cabriolet - '71 2002 Rally - '71 2002 Alpina A2 - '70 2002 ti - '68 1600 GT - '65 1800 TI