• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gauge cluster

dlmrun2002

Don't forget to get the '72/3 bezels & locking rings too(the '74-6 fake wood face plate had these items molded in one piece).

Oops. That won't work either. If you simply mount your crosshair instruments in a '72/3 housing, you'll end up with a small hole in the facia that will emit light thru it(brake test button I think).

The way I did it was to Remove the fake wood. Used the '72/3 locking rings/glass and bezels. Then mounted the crosshair instruments into the housing.

Got rid of the Fake Wood, got a Black facia, Crosshair instruments & No little white dot of light emitting when the instrument lights are on.

Worked for me..................(see pic).

mac.

This from a guy with a '72 & '73 Tii. What do I know. .

post-499-13667604503249_thumb.jpg

Good advice. I am actually thinking white face plates with red lights. I already have covered my 74 fake wood with real maple burl wood veneer. I think I want more of a tech look(black vs wood).

DLM

i think the burl veneer look would look better if you are able to carry it through to the vertical section of the dash as well. how you'd do that and ensure it didn't look like veneer glued to the dash is the trick...

i guess, simplicity is the true design genius of these little cars.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa