• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone get Hemmings Sports & Exotic Cars mag?

74tiiGolf

General impressions? I consider myself a casual car magazine reader... is it really detailed and geared toward hardcore enthusiasts? Thanks!

Matthew

Chastity: the most unnatural of sexual perversions.

74 tii, 99 BMW R1100R, 99 E320, 01 S4 Avant

of all marques. They run a fair share of British and European cars. They also highlight the rarer cars but balance with cars you see day to day, at least on pretty day to days.

The writing is good and understandable. Some mistakes but not enough to make them more than my understanding.

The layout is still improving.

The owner, editor and writers are all car guys, they do some nice stuff for car owners in the Vermont area where their offices are. They have a throw-back working gas station in front of the publishing office. The owner of Hemming actually pumped gas into our truck when we passed through that area. I should have snapped a photo of that one.

Each issue highlights/features a car - often a rare car. They do a PROFILE of a car we all know about. Then they do a RESTORATION profile on someone who has restored a car. Other articles are inserted based on what they have.

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

HS&E is my favorite all-around car magazine. I don't think you'll find any other monthly publication with such a wide variety of coverage. I love the writing style and technical information (and they feature Bimmers!).

I am a charter subscriber and pass my older issues on to another car guy in Georgia.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

I'm also a charter subscriber to this as well as Hemming's Muscle Cars.

You can't take everything Sports & Exotic Cars publishes as fact, but they do cover a lot of unusual cars.

I did really enjoy Karl Ludvigson's history of the Isetta, 600s and 700s in the current issue.

BMWCCA #2762
72 2002/71 2002ti, 67 2000CS, 2x 72 3.0CS
86 635, 2x 05 330Ci ZHP, 
'11 Corvette Grand Sport

• 4 weeks later...
of all marques. They run a fair share of British and European cars. They also highlight the rarer cars but balance with cars you see day to day, at least on pretty day to days.

The writing is good and understandable. Some mistakes but not enough to make them more than my understanding.

The layout is still improving.

The owner, editor and writers are all car guys, they do some nice stuff for car owners in the Vermont area where their offices are. They have a throw-back working gas station in front of the publishing office. The owner of Hemming actually pumped gas into our truck when we passed through that area. I should have snapped a photo of that one.

Each issue highlights/features a car - often a rare car. They do a PROFILE of a car we all know about. Then they do a RESTORATION profile on someone who has restored a car. Other articles are inserted based on what they have.

Bill's a supporter because his tii is on the cover this month! Congrats Bill. :) Seriously though, its a good mag. I've subscribed since the begining. Not everything is interesting to me every issue but overall its good.

Jeff
1975 Alfa Romeo GT1300Junior w/1600 transplant (I'm still stuck on 1600's LOL)
2006 M3 White/Red - Orig Owner,6spd,ZCP, sunroof delete
SOLD 1967 1600 #1517644 "Florida"/Brown w/sunroof, SOLD 1968 1600 #1564660, RIP 1970 1600