• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

F1 Malaysian GP recap - Spoilers within

scestes

Sorry to get the discussion started late for those of you who are interseted. I've been pretty damned sick since I got home from Monterey for the SCCA Vintage event. But yes, sick or not, I watched the race right when I got home.

First of all, Wow, what the hell was the reason for all that drama at McLaren? Davie Ryan from what I understand has now been dismissed for the lying that went on between McLaren and the Stewards at Australia regarding Jarno's off. All they had to do was tell them "yea, we gave him that spot" and it would have been DONE. Talk about people shooting themselves in the foot.

I take exception to the use of "The Fast and Furious" overlaps during the intro. I personally can't stand Vin Dipshit and am really disappointed in them using footage from this morons movies. Sam, if you're reading, utter disappointment dude.. Srsly....

Robert, Bob, Kubica... Dude... WTF. I don't exactly think this was his fault or that he pulled a Ruebens and forgot what the hell the buttons on his steering wheel did. I actually believe after watching his launch several times on my Tivo that he had something leaking from the machine that impaired his launch. This could be a reason why Heiki went off too. If you look at his launch though, the wheels arespinning big time and are going no where. This would also explain where the fire comes from that forces him to park the car. Better luck in China Bob. I hope things work out for you next race man.

Heiki goes off in the first lap. Not just goes off, but it looks like someone punted him off the track. There is little footage of it, but the footage I have seen, he's zipping along, makes a sterring correction, and BAM! He's off the track. 2 races and not a lap completed yet. Not a good start for team points, or drivers points. I hope he improves. I like the guy.

Rosberg seemed to come into his own or this race at the beginning. Some nice moves in the opening laps, and then started setting a pace that others couldn't keep up with. For what there was of a race, I thought he was doing a pretty fine job of it.

Alonso had a good start and managed to move up I believe around 4 or 5 positions from his starting position. His start reminded me of Alonso of past years. I think he was gridded around 8th or 9th, and by turn 1 he was 3rd or 4th.

Ruebens proves he still doesn't know what all the buttons on his steering wheel do.... Again...

And then the rain came...

Vettle. Rain is his equalizer. Some days he performs flawlessly in it, others he just loses sight of the goal and tosses it away. Come on Sebastian, I think you're a kick ass driver with a lot of skills. Let's shake these jitters man.

Ferrari must really be feeling the pinch right now. Two races in a row with incredibly dismal results. The decision to go to full wets on Kimi's car so early on doomed him. He was better off going out on more dry tires and coming back in instead of running 30 sec off the pace laps for all those laps he was forced to baby those tires.

All the teams seemed to be caught by surprise by the way the rain came. I thought they would have been a little better prepared considering everyone was sure it was going to rain. Poor rain tire choice seemed to plague most all the teams.

Grats to Jensen, Timo, and Nick though. I'm not sure how they came out with Nick finishing above Timo as from what I saw Timo passed him before the race was brought to an end. I guess I'm not gonna argue with it, but I wish it made sense to me.

I'll have to say the highlight for me were the scraps during the rain with Weber and Hamilton for those few laps. The rain seemed to slow things down enough that you saw drivers trading places quite a bit more.

Another week until the Chinese GP, and I just noticed that the season doesn't end in Brazil this year. That kinda bugs me..

p.s. does anyone else think that the front of the Toyotas look like the mask from the movie "Scream"?

-=Scott=-

My Short Bus

rotate.php

1971 2002 - "William Grover-Williams" - Track/Weekend Car VIN 2579197

1998 740iL E38 - "Blau" - Daily Driver

http://gallery.xfiler.com